Chapter 4: Put Your Records On

Start from the beginning

I lunge at her wrapping my arms around her cold body. She may be a very cold person physically and emotionally, but she makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Every time I touch her I feel like I'm on top of the world and no one can touch me. Like if anyone lays a hand on me they are going to regret it. Every time I look into her big brown eyes, I see a world of love and growth. Every time we talk I feel like I could sit there for years and talk with her without ever getting bored. She's the person I turn to when I feel overwhelmed and sad. She makes me feel seen and loved in a way I've never felt before.

Fuck. Ajax was right. I do have a crush on Wednesday. This can't be happening right now. I can't have a crush on her. What will my parents think? What will my friends think? What will Wednesday think... I can't tell her. This will all brush over in a couple of months...hopefully...

This hug was different from most of our hugs. It was more sensual and relaxed. The hug after the...incident, was more relieved and passionate. Now I've had two hugs with Wednesday that have felt rather...romantic and not platonic. Love is so fucking confusing.

You know, now that I think about it, why am I scared to be gay? It's not like my parents really even talk to me anyway and most of my friends are gay too. As for Wednesday, I can just never admit my feelings to her and we can all just live happily ever after. I'm pretty sure Wednesday and that Xavier guy are going to end up dating or something maybe and then I can just stay single or something and everyone will just be happy. Well everyone but me I guess, but I'm great at faking being happy anyway so all will be aye okay!

"What are you thinking about Sinclair? I can tell you're in deep thought." Wednesday says breaking our hug.

"Oh um, nothing really!" I lie.

Wens was about to say something when her phone went off. I'm surprised she even carried that thing out here with her. I must be rubbing off on her!

"You answer it. Xavier texted me and I don't want to talk to him right now. He keeps acting rather weird and it's making me nauseous." She hands me her phone opened up to Xavier's message.

Xavier: Hey Wednesday! Just wanted to check in on you and see if you were doing okay. I miss you🖤

I read the message, rage, and jealousy filling my body. This feeling sucks ass! UGH. Why can't I just be straight and keep dating Ajax? Things would be so much easier and better for everyone...

"He's flirting with you Wens!" I say through a nervous laugh.

"Disgusting. I think I've been rather clear that our relationship was strictly acquaintances. Have I not been clear Enid?" She seems rather confused about this.

I look into her eyes. Yeah, she's been rather clear to him, but not to me...I wish she would be as clear as she's been with Xavier with me. I'm starting to see why Wens doesn't deal with emotions and feelings cause they are SOOOOO complicateddddd! Ughhhhhh.

"I'd say you've been pretty clear to him. But boys are kinda stupid so you have to like spell it out for them a lot of the time." I say laughing.

"Then tell him because I think I might have romantic feelings for someone else. I don't want him getting the wrong idea."

She likes someone else?!?!?! WHO???? Great! Another person I have to deal with. I hope they fall down a flight of stairs and break their arm. UGHHH.

Wednesday: Hey it's Enid! Wednesday wanted me to say that she likes someone else so all this flirting you are doing is kindaaaaa useless 🤷‍♀️

That was kinda fun to tell Xavier off like that. God, I'm such a jealous person. Then again I am a werewolf and we are very territorial so I mean...

I hand Wens her phone back and smile brightly at her. She slightly moves the corners of her mouth. This made me smile even bigger. She has such a grip on me it's not even funny.