CHAPTER FOUR

ZOEY SAT IN THE LIVING room of Number 12 Grimmauld Place, her legs dangling off the side of the chair as she read Jane Eyre

ZOEY SAT IN THE LIVING room of Number 12 Grimmauld Place, her legs dangling off the side of the chair as she read Jane Eyre. Today was Harry's trial, and there was an anxious energy surrounding the household. Her mother was bustling around in the kitchen, whipping up breakfast for everyone. Ron was still passed out in his room, snoring loudly, along with most of the members of the house. Sirius, Remus, and her father sat in the dining room, talking Harry's ear off about the trial.

Despite the row Harry and Zoey had gotten into, Zoey was worried. Not that she would dare say a word. She hoped that Harry would be forgiven of his 'crime,' and be sent on his merry way. But the young girl had a feeling it wasn't going to be that easy. Someone had to have sent the dementors after Harry, there was no way they did that on their own free will. She believed that someone in the Ministry sent the dementors after Harry, or that Voldemort somehow gained control of the monsters. All she knew was that this was not going to be an easy trial.

Zoey looked up from her book as she heard footsteps approaching her. She saw her father and Harry, both dressed in relatively nice clothes. She could see the nervousness in Harry's eyes.

"We'll be back soon, sweetheart." Mr. Weasley assured his daughter.

She nodded, biting the inside of her cheek, debating on whether or not to say something. Screw it. "Good luck, Harry." Zoey said, startling the boy.

When Harry realized that Zoey was addressing him for the first time in days, he gave her a soft smile. "Thank you." The young boy couldn't explain it, but Zoey talking to him again made him feel better than any pep talk Sirius or Mrs. Weasley could give him.

"Come, Harry, it's better to be early than to be on time." Mr. Weasley said, ushering him out the door.

Zoey sighed as she watched her father and Harry disappear. "Zoey, dear!" Mrs. Weasley called. "Go wake everyone up, it's time for breakfast." Zoey marked her page in the book before going upstairs to go wake up her siblings. Waking up the Weasley's had always been a difficult task, since the majority of them were heavy sleepers and weren't exactly morning people. Everyone trudged downstairs, rubbing the sleep from their eyes.

"Where's Harry?" Ron slurs, yawning.

"Him and Dad already left for the trial." Zoey informed him, taking a seat beside Tonks.

"Wha-" Ron protested; his mouth full of muffin. "Bwoody pat din't 'ake 'e up!"

"Ron, don't talk with your mouth full, that's disgusting. And besides, he needed to hurry up and go. You were still dead asleep anyways."

"Still." He huffed. Zoey rolled her eyes, taking a bite of her eggs. She thought that her brother was always one for the dramatics, but Zoey knew that it was coming out of a place of love and worry. She was worried too.

She was still so hurt by Harry's words, but she knew that if Harry got expelled, nothing at Hogwarts would be the same. Grimmauld Place was eerily quiet as everyone waited for word from Mr. Weasley about Harry's trial. Zoey had read the same paragraph in her book five different times because all she could think about was the trial.