CHAPTER THREE

ZOEY WENT TO SLEEP RIGHT after getting informed about what's going on in the Wizarding World

ZOEY WENT TO SLEEP RIGHT after getting informed about what's going on in the Wizarding World. Zoey had been feeling off all day, but she couldn't describe the feeling. She felt like her head was under water. It was like she was there, but at the same time she wasn't. Nothing felt real.

Zoey welcomed the feeling of the soft sheets against her skin as she cuddled her pillow. She fell asleep within minutes, the sound of Ginny talking softly to Hermione putting her to sleep. Most people found it weird that people chatting would put Zoey to sleep, but growing up with seven siblings, the sound was very comforting. 

Zoey bolted up, looking around at the unfamiliar terrain. "Hello?" She called out. She felt dirt beneath her hands, causing her to furrow her eyebrows. The last thing she remembered was falling asleep in the guest room of Grimmauld Place listening to Ginny and Hermione talking. The young girl pushed herself off the ground, brushing the dirt off her jeans.

She squinted her eyes, trying to find her way through the dark. "Hello? Is anyone there?" She called once more, hesitantly walking forward.

"Zoey," A voice whispered, catching her attention. "Zoey, follow the light."

"Uh, no thanks. I've always been told that if I see a great light to not go towards it, so I'm good." Lightning stuck the ground beside her, causing her to yelp in surprise. "Okay, okay! I'm going, jeez."

She tentatively followed the orange light ahead of her, ducking underneath low-hanging branches. Something in the corner of her eye flashed by, making her jump.

"Run," The thing whispered. "Go! Run, now! Run as fast as you can and don't look back! Don't let them catch you!"

Zoey screeched as she felt hands reach out and grab her. She swatted them away, running faster towards the light. She hissed in pain as a branch scraped her cheek, warm blood trickling down her face.

"Hurry!" The voice encouraged. "You're almost there!"

"Yeah!" She yelled. "I can see that pretty clearly, thank you!" Zoey finally made it to the source of the light, which turned out to be a clearing. It was surrounded by rocks that looked to be ten feet tall. It reminded her of the Stonehenge's that the Muggles gawked at.

She looked around the clearing to see figures standing at the edge, but they refused to come any closer. "I'm here now! What do you want me to do, you weird arse voice? I followed your instructions!"

Zoey felt the ground beneath her shake as another rock formation appeared, but this time, in the middle of the clearing. It held a chalice filled with red liquid. The cup was gold, with rubies lining the top. "Drink up."

"Uh, I'm a minor, I hope you know. I can't legally drink alcohol." Thunder boomed followed by a flash of lightning. "Okay, okay! You're so pushy." Zoey put the cup to her lips, downing the drink, coughing as it slid down her through.