LOST AND FOUND HAPPINESS

CHAPTER TWO 

It seems too boring stay in our house, that’s why I decided to pick up my car keys and went to a mall to buy a gift for my ex-boyfriend. It still hurts when I think of him, thinking that I’ll be attending his party and knowing that I’m not his girlfriend anymore is an awkward feeling. I only do this because of Venice, she’s right she’s more like a sister to me and it’s hard to say no to her.

“Oh well I need to move on, no choice but to think more on positive things.”

Going around in a mall and I’m getting too tired looking for a kinda perfect gift for him makes me feel sick already.

Finally, I’ve found something new styles in notion about giving gifts, and that is my DIARY…

“Are you sure?” asked Daisy, my constant shopping companion.

”Of course, I am,” I answered.

” Well then, go for it friend and I hope he’ll like what he will found out inside your journal.” Daisy approved.

“I hope so, too” I sigh.

“You’ve got to pick a nice dress for the party. Audrey” Daisy added as she wants to go for more shopping trip.

“I think that’s enough for today, I’ll just look for some fine party dress in my closet. I think that would do.” I said.

” But you need to look beautiful!!” She insisted.” and prove to him that you’ve moved on and everything is great now.” She added.

“Ok, ok, Miss Shopaholic!! Your wish is my command.” I said.

Daisy picked up a very nice party dress for me, since she’s more into a shopping mood I just let her do on something that she’s good at and is go crazy over shopping..

A cool breeze embraced me while I was waiting for Cathy to open their gate.

” Oh Audrey! Sorry I kept you waiting; I was in the kitchen helping some catering staff.” Cathy apologized and seems so glad to see me.

” That’s all right, I didn’t wait that long.” I answered.

“Come inside then, the party just started and Patrick is still in his room,” Cathy said.

” Thank you” I replied.

Picture frames, piano, a pagoda, golden grandfather’s clock and a family picture, these are the things that I missed when at times that I used to visit Patrick. All of those things are still on the same place.  Sad to say they’re only a part of my forgotten memories.

“Hey, Audrey! You look great tonight.”

“Patrick?”

“Man, who do you think you’re talking to? It’s still me Audrey,” Patrick said.

Patrick seems to change a little bit over the year, maybe physically but I don’t know there’s something about him that makes him change, but he still a jolly person whom I’ve fell in and out of love with. It seems like he wants to talk to me more but he needs to welcome some guests who just arrived.

“Talk to you later” and then he’s gone.

” Ok,” I  said it with a smile.

As I walked at their back deck I heard Patrick’s voice and because of my curiosity I took a peek and saw him talking to someone over the phone.

At the back deck

” Happy Birthday, Patrick” It was Megan.

“Thanks sweetie, you woke up too early huh?” Patrick sounded so sweet.

Megan giggles and said “So sorry that I have to sacrifice a day for my boyfriend’s birthday.” She also sounds towards to end of her sentence.

I was hiding behind the bushes so that Patrick will not see me and not thinking that I’m spying him or something.

 “Oh honey, what you are looking for over there?” that was Patrick’s mom who caught me hiding from these bushes.

” Ahh….. “ I was stuttered at that moment and I was also in a hurry to think on what to answer at that time.

“Oh,…. Ah…. I just came over to get some fresh air and I thought I saw something from your backyard, your garden looks great, Mrs. Andrews.” Well, that was the lamest excuse I can think of.

“Dinner is ready come in” As the part host announced.

After the dinner, Patrick approached me and said that he wanted to talk to me.

“Audrey?” Patrick sighs

“What is it, Patrick? I asked.

“Im really sorry,” Patrick apologized for the first time.

I walked towards him and told him how felt on the day I knew about him and Megan.

“It seems so easy for you to do what you did and I honestly forgive you and I already forget the feelings I had for you. So let by gone be by gone. ”

“I know that it was a mistake from the beginning.” He admitted. “Its just that I realized that I fell in love with Megan every time we’re both online at the time when you’re not around.” He added.

“Patrick, I came here because Venice asked me to come to your party and you know it’s really hard to say “no” to that sweet friendly sister of yours. She also asked me a favor to talk to you more about something that we might left unsaid so that we can still get along but in my case, it’s awkward already.” I told him.

“Before I forget, here’s a gift for you. I think it’s nothing to you now but you can keep it if you want to. That’s the only gift that I can think of.” I told him honestly and then I went home without looking back.

The diary I gave him was a very special one that I made when we were together. All the contents in that journal was made of special and happy memories that I treasured for. I put all the special movie tickets, souvenirs, pictures, notes and everything else that I can post in it. To me, it was a treasured book that I care for, and now it’s time to let it go and forget all the good memories that turned into a bad one.

“I’m totally over Patrick, now and forever” I told myself as I went to sleep.

After that night, I changed my phone numbers and decided to move out of my parents house since it’s time for me to be independent. I got a part time job near Times Square and had some extra money from baby sitting.

I’ve never heard any news from Patrick nor Megan, not even from Patrick’s family anymore. Wherever they are for sure it’s none of my business anymore. 

After many years…. I graduated from college with honors.

My cell phone was ringing.

” Hello, so sorry for the late reply” I apologized,

” That’s okay, I understand. Did you have your breakfast already?” Geoff asked.

” Yes I already have my scramble eggs and toast, and what about you?” I asked.

“That’s my girl; can I take you to your office today? He asked.

” Ok, I’ll be waiting for you at the front door,” giggly and sound so excited.

Geoff came into my life so perfectly, He was the one and I knew that I can trust him because he shows me a lot of courage to face whatever life has to offer. He’s the love of my life now and nothing can come between us. No more chatting online and no more heartbreaks because I am so happy with my life.

After dating and knowing each other for years, Geoff and I got married at St. Patrick’s cathedral in New York City. On that big day, I knew my life had changed for a better and happier life.