War

"Oh shit". I said, once I saw the pinger on Payakans fin. "Hurry hurry, help me pull it out". Lo'ak stays in a hurry. We all try grabbing a different part of it and pulling it out but it wouldn't budge. I saw rope on the saddle so swim back over, jumping on the Tsurak and throwing them the rope. "Quickly tie that around it". I tell them. Neteyam grabbed the rope and turned to Lo'ak. "Call it in, tell dad hurry". We all in a rush, seeing the demons ships come closer. "Hurry we got ships passing inbound". I yell. Once they tied the rope, I told the Tsurak to pull with all its might and everyone else did too. "Come on". I tell him to pull harder. Once it popped out we all breathed out happily but then quickly remembered the demon ships after us. "Give it here, I'll lead them away". I hold out my hand for the pinger. "No baby sister". "Neteyam we do not have time for this, hurry and give it to me". He doesn't hesitate at his sisters command that time, placing it in her hands and getting another Ilu to ride. "Everyone go now, that way". I point in the opposite direction of where I was gonna go. Me and my Tsurak dived deep into the waters, swerving through leaves and kelp, trying to avoid the explosions and gunfire that was nearing. Once we far enough from everyone, I threw the device further in the water and swam away quickly. I went back to find the other to see they had paused at their escape. "What are yous doing?". I signed angrily. "We weren't gonna leave without you". Neteyam signed. I roll my eyes and we all began riding away again when these crab like demon ships started coming after us. A explosion happened right next to me, throwing me off the Tsurak. I shake my head trying to gain back consciousness to swim away. Neteyam grabbed me before I could be snatched up in its claws. We jumped off the Ilu and diverted the demon crabs another way as we swam to hide in an air pocket. "Are you alright". Neteyam asked. "I'm fine brother, where is everyone?". "I don't know I lost them, we got split up". Neteyam says. "We have to find them". He nods and we both take a deep breath before going back under. We saw that our sisters and friend Tuk and Tsireya were being dragged away in a net and Lo'ak was holding onto it trying to get them out with a knife. Me and Neteyam pushed to swim faster but it was no good. I hold him back and we both call for our rides. We followed crab that took them away quietly so we wouldn't get noticed. I noticed payakan in the depths. "Payakan, we need your help, your soul brother, he's in trouble as well as my sister and friend". I signed to him. "Please". I begged. He didn't hesitate one second, he went around destroying reefs and corals underwater before shooting out of the water and landing ontop of the mother ship. He wiggled around eagerly trying to damage and kill the sky people. Neteyam tapped me rapidly from his Ilu, a signal that it was the perfect time to get moving. I flew my Tsurak out of the water landed on the ship with Neteyam not to far behind. "Neteyam, sissy!". Tuk called happily. "Who's the mighty warrior, come on say it". Neteyam jokes with Lo'ak. In this situation. "Bro". Lo'ak laughs out as Neteyam set him free and I set Tsireya and Tuk free. We could see the others now start to join in the war, letting out war cries. "Tsireya, take Tuk, hurry". Westarted to make our way back to the ocean when look stopped us. "We have to go back, spiders in there". Lo'ak called. I groan but comply anyways. "Look after her, please". I tell Tsireya. Tsireya places a hand on my cheek. "Of course". She says landing in the water with Tuk and swimming away. "Go with them". Neteyam tells me. "Hell no I trained for days for a moment like this and yous aren't taking it away from me". I stride pridefully, picking up a gun from one of the dead bodies on the ground. "Let's go". I tell them. We rush in after spider. We stalked on top of the cage for the roof watching three men take spider somewhere. I catch there attention holding up three fingers and count down. Once they had stepped in our clearing we jumped down. I hit one in the stomach with the gun and grabbed my knife from my belt, stabbing him straight through the chest. He falls limp and I look back at the others who had successfully taken there's down. "Spider do you know a way out?". I asked him. "Follow me". He says leading the way. We climbed multiple ladders and steps trying to reach our escape. We ran into someone who tried to fire but Lo'ak panicked and let his gun off, clumsily. We look at it in shock for a second. "Give me that". I say pushing everyone to hurry. "Quickly go". I rush them. "This way". At the end of the hall there was a space to jump back into the ocean and get away. But we seized our movements when multiple shots were fired at us. "Go!". I yell to Lo'ak, spider and Neteyam, lifting my gun to shoot them. "I'm not leaving you". Neteyam says stubbornly. I nod my head and continue firing while Lo'ak and spider jump off to safety. "On the count of three we jump". Neteyam says. I nod my head and he counts down. He rushes forward and I follow closely behind. I notice someone aiming for him. "No!". I call out. "Bang".

The both of us land in the water. "That was insane cuz". Lo'ak says, high-fiving spider. I look at them happy. But also felt like I was struggling. I looked at Neteyam with a smile and he returns one, but he noticed a pool of red slowly surrounding us closely.