【Prologue】

I stepped out of the car and looked up at the big house in front of us.

   After 6 months of staying in the Morioh Grand Hotel, we finally bought a house in one of the nice estates of Morioh to call home.

   This house not long became available on the market and was only a few blocks away from where I used to live growing up.

   "Now this is what you call a house," Polnareff whistled as he got out from the passenger side of the car looked up at the house in awe. "I tell you, Y/N, the savings that your parents left in the bank for you before they passed were definitely put to good use," he said as he grinned over his shoulder at me.

   Shortly after arriving in Morioh, Polnareff and I were a little bit strapped for cash and were about to look around for some part-time work while we waited for some more information about the man with the Stand arrow we were hunting down to surface. Whilst we were looking around, an elderly couple approached me and said they recognized me. When I told them who I was, they instantly remembered who my parents were and gave me their condolences. The elderly couple happened to be a neighbor of ours from across the street.

   "Didn't they mention about leaving something for young Y/N here in their will?" The elderly gentleman had asked his wife.

   "Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure they did, though she was too young at the time to inherit the will," the woman pointed out.

   "A will? From my parents?" I repeated with a raised brow and they both nodded in response.

   "If you go to the bank and explain that you're their daughter and provide the relevant documents, I'm sure they'll be able to help you out," the old lady explained.

   It was known that my parents were rather wealthy due to being private investigators, however they were never ones to brag about their wealth and chose to live a quiet and peaceful life in a small neighborhood in Morioh where they could raise their only daughter.

   We rounded up our conversation with the elderly couple and headed straight for the bank.

   Upon entering the bank and speaking to one of the clerks, we were taken into a small office and introduced to the managing director of the bank who sat us down after I provided him my passport and newly received driving license.

   "I remember your parents well," the manager said as he slid my documentation across the desk to me. "They were very important clients of mine and they entrusted me to guard their inheritance until you were of age."

   "Seems like your parents were the talk of the town," Polnareff commented.

   "Now, down to business. How much of your parent's inheritance would you like to withdraw today?" The manager asked.

   "How much is available?" I asked.

   "Were you never told how much they left you?"

   Polnareff and I looked at each other before looking back at the man across from us and shaking my head.

   "Not even your guardians told you when you turned 21?"

   "I had moved out at that point, and they never brought up the subject, then I ended up traveling across Europe for 4 and a half years," I explained.

   The managing director looked between me and Polnareff before leaning across the desk and saying lowly, "Your parents left you with ¥100,000,000."

   "What?!" Polnareff and I exclaimed in unison as we both shot up from our seats.

   "But that's like nearly $800,000! There's no way they left me that much!"

   "It's here in black and white," he said as he showed me the paperwork my parents signed saying that they were leaving ¥100,000,000 to me in their will."

   I sat back in my seat, taking in the shock of the amount of money my parents had left for me. I looked up at Polnareff who was looking down at me with wide eyes.

   Taking a deep breath, I looked back at the managing director and asked, "How much is a house around here these days?"

   And that's how we ended up standing outside such a luxurious house in Morioh.

   "For ¥65,000,000, this place doesn't look half bad," Polnareff said as I walked over to stand beside him. The Frenchman slung his arm over my shoulder as we both looked up at the house.

   The house was a light shade of grey with a darker grey roof. On the left side of the house was a balcony that looked out onto the street, and next to that was a larger looking window that looked like it was reaching down to the window beneath it, but was cut off halfway with a grey panel.

   To the right of the house was a large driveway, big enough to fit two cars on, with a tinted glass shelter at the bottom of the driveway.

   Surrounding the house was a brick wall with black iron gates, one leading to the pathway to the front door, and another leading to the driveway.

   This was the place that we would be calling home from now on after 4 and a half years of traveling across Europe in search of information on the Stand Arrow.

   At the age of 22, Polnareff turned up on my doorstep in response to a letter I had sent him detailing that I was on my own since Jotaro and Nori had left for college 4 years prior, and I hadn't heard from them since. It was because of that we agreed to sell my small apartment and start traveling together.

   Our travels took us across Europe where we met a magician called Jairo and his Stand Elo in Germany, and an Irish fortune-teller named Rita, and her Stand Gin Blossom in Belgium.

   When we left Belgium, Rita continued traveling with us in aid of our search, and she was indeed a very useful asset to our little team.

   Rita used her Stand, Gin Blossom, to receive visions of the future – much like Scarlet Phantom – and also track down the energy of a Stand. She even taught Scarlet Phantom how to follow an energy trail instead of just sensing its presence.

   Our travels eventually led us to an airport in Copenhagen after we received information of a man traveling with the very arrow we have been searching for who boarded a plane in Copenhagen. That was when I got a vision from Scarlet Phantom saying that we needed to travel to Morioh. In that same vision, I heard a voice. A voice I hadn't heard for 8 and a half years at the time. It was Nori telling me it was time to go home. Home being Morioh, the town where Nori and I grew up together.

   I frowned slightly at the memory, and Polnareff seemed to notice the sudden change in my mood.

   "Are you okay?" He asked.

   "I was just thinking, that's all," I said with a shrug.

   As if he knew exactly what I was thinking, Polnareff pulled me closer to him and rubbed my arm. "Remember what we spoke about. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I promise you that."

   I smiled softly and turned slightly to hug him, burying my head into his chest. "I know, and thank you," I said softly.

   "Now, come on, let's go have a look around this place before the furniture arrives," he said as he released me from the hug and ruffled my hair before making his way over to the gate. Once he was at the gate, he said with a grin, "First one inside gets to pick their room."

   I rolled my eyes and held my car keys up that were attached to a keyring with the keys to our new home. "You'll have a hard job getting in without these," I said with a smirk which made Polnareff's grin drop. He cursed under his breath which I giggled at.

   I locked the car up and walked over to the gate, giving Polnareff a playful nudge to the side as I stepped through the gate and made my way up to the front door.

   Slotting the keys into the door, I took a deep breath. This is where the next leg of our adventure would start, and I was very much looking forward to it.