"Don't talk to her," Miguel whispered to Hawk who nodded slowly.

Maya put in her headphone as the assistant principal started talking on the intercom. She didn't hear Miguel and Hawk talking about how Miguel had kissed Sam the other night. The teacher started handing out sheets of "get to know me" papers when the teacher saw Maya's earbuds.

"Take your earbuds out please." Maya sighed, doing as she was told and pulling out a pencil for herself and Miguel. She knew he didn't pack any.

"Hey, what...You're not supposed to be in here! No! No! Give that back!" Maya heard two people struggling. She glanced at Miguel who shrugged. "Ow! You're not allowed to-" The assistant principal stopped.

"Samantha LaRusso. You know what you did, and now you're gonna pay for it. I'm coming for you, bitch!" Tory exclaimed, Maya immediately felt worried. She knew there'd be a fight, but over what? What had Sam done? The bell rang and Maya followed Miguel until he stopped behind Sam.

"I saw what you did at the party. You kissed Miguel." There was a chorus of oohs, Maya looked at Miguel and then Sam and then Robby. She was disappointed in Miguel and Sam, she felt so bad for Tory and Robby. She knew they loved their partners a whole lot.

Suddenly, Tory swung. She landed a kick in Sam's stomach which landed her against Hawk who pushed her back to Tory.

"Get back in there!" He shouted.

Robby pushed Tory off of Sam, when Tory grabbed Robby to get him away from Sam, he twisted her around and pushed her away again.

"Get off of her!" Miguel shouted, grabbing Robby and throwing him to the ground.

"Miguel, stop it!" Maya shouted. Robby was in the right, he was only trying to diffuse the situation.

"Go, Maya!" Miguel yelled, Maya, nodded and ran. She didn't know where she was going, she just knew that Miguel was protecting her so she'd do what she was told. She finally came to a hallway, which was filled with Cobra's who lay groaning on the ground.

"Maya Diaz." Maya spun around and saw him. Him. The boy. The boy who'd ruined her life. The boy who'd changed her completely. "That's you, right?" The boy smirked, throwing a punch. Maya blocked it, turning and kicking him in the stomach.

He held his stomach, rolling on the ground, Maya knew he wouldn't be there for long so she ran. By this time, she got to the main area again and saw Tory and Sam still fighting. Maya felt someone pull her shoulder and as she was spun around she saw Demetri.

"Maya we need to-" Maya pushed him away. "What the hell?!" Maya only felt more angry when he yelled this.

"You think you can embarrass me in front of everyone and then try and get me to help you?!" She punched him, causing him to hold his nose, she then spun around and kicked him to the floor. She watched as he ran, Hawk running after her, only a few moments later she watched Sam kick Tory over a bit of stairs, then she saw Miguel. She ran up the steps to get to him, and when he looked up he saw Maya. Her chest heaving as she looked at Robby on the floor.

I wasn't taught the difference between mercy and honor, and I paid the price for it. If I'm extra hard on you, it's only because you have the potential to be better than I ever was. You want that, don't you?

Maya watched Miguel lower Robby's arm and mutter something. Maya felt as if someone was sitting on her chest, it was getting harder and harder to breathe by the second. Suddenly Robby stood up, kicking his lower leg, and then kicking him in the face. Maya watched in horror as Miguel fell over the railing.

"Miggy!" Maya shouted, looking over the railing, he'd fallen on the last staircase. Maya ran down all the steps, her lungs felt as if they were collapsing. "Miggy please, please, please, be okay." Maya cried, dropping to her knees.

"Step back, ma'am." A police officer said Maya felt someone pull her into their chest. When she realized it was Hawk, she didn't even care, she cried, she cried so hard. So much had happened in the past three days, and now Maya had lost her best friend. She didn't care that people stared as she cried, all she could do was beg. Beg whatever gods there were that he would be okay.

"Miggy..." She cried as Hawk held her tightly against his chest.

"Maya Diaz!" Someone yelled, and she pulled away, an ambulance and her mom were outside. "Come with us!" Maya quickly followed them as they wheeled Miguel outside.

"You'll be okay Miggy, you'll be okay." She wasn't sure if she was saying it to him or if she was saying it to comfort herself.

"Oh my god, Maya." Carmen pulled her daughter into her chest, but then Maya pulled away. That was when Carmen realized her breaths were short but deep.

"Mama." Maya fell into her mother's arms, the world around her becoming black.

"We need another ambulance, please!"
________________________________
A/n: end of season 2🥳, also...season 3 is gonna be Maya's villain era, and um S03:E01 is gonna be interesting.
Word Count:1,657