Chapter 11 - Halloween conundrum

31st October

Rosetta's POV:

I had gotten a cell phone as soon as I could as owl post is becoming less and less reliable because of the war that's brewing but right now it is driving me nuts because my sister isn't here for me to slap her and I can't slap her over a phone.

"You can't be serious" i state incredulously down the muggle device "no, no, no, have i mentioned NO!" Lily doesn't seem to be budging on the idea "you did not get a safe house for you to leave said house and put you ,and not to mention your son, in danger" i pinch the bridge of my nose frustrated "it doesn't matter the answers no" I sigh "stop naming people!" I shout down the phone "regardless it's still not safe he's a baby!" I call, but she doesn't give up and I know she won't anytime soon so instead i huff and start thinking of how we could do this without them being in danger. "fine, fine but you owe me big time because if you think I'm handling this conversation badly you wait till I tell James"

"Tell me what?" I turn towards my husband who has quite obviously just woken up
"Lily wants to take Harry trick or treating"
"That sounds like fun" I shake my head in disbelief before he lifts his head looking a bit scared "whilst you-know-who could be hunting him, no, no way!" I can't help but smile smugly as he takes my side but it quickly leaves as quickly as it had come when Lily speaks and hangs up.

"I'm going to kill her" I shake my head as I dial again "oh hello again, come over here now" i wait for her response "great see you soon"

"Your not considering this are you?" James asks concerned
"Wait here for Lily, I'm going to grab some back up" and with that I apparate right outside Remus and Sirius' place, I quickly knock
"Hi Rose" Rem pulls me into a bone crushing hug
"Apparate to my house I'll tell you what this is about once I round everyone else up" and in a second I am outside Kayla's and Reg's and I knock again and repeat the same thing, then I end up at Peter's and do the same. Lastly I arrive at my brothers and tell him the same thing and I am suddenly back home awaiting everyone's arrival.

Once they all arrive they start asking questions
"Shhhhhh!" They all turn to me "my idiotic sister here wants to take Harry trick or treating and the only way that is happening is if all of us go to protect him and now Pansy of course"
"Oooohhh I've heard about that it sounds fun" Sirius enthusiastically comments clearly not even thinking about the danger.

Timeskip

We head out at six, Harry's wearing a vampire costume with a really tiny cape and Pansy is a fairy with pretty netted fairy wings.

We head door to door throughout our childhood neighbourhood and the kids are given many compliments on there costumes and whilst Pansy and Harry are really to young to enjoy this it really was worth it to just see the look on Lily and Rosalie's faces at being able to do something very muggle with there kids as a family.

And I am happily surprised when we make it back to mine unscathed, nothing peculiar, nothing out of the ordinary, it was simply peaceful, which is an odd word to use for Halloween given the kids walking around all hyped up on sugar but it was peaceful.

We all sit in the living room chatting animatedly as the kids play with a few toys that there parents had brought.

"I can't wait for us to have kids and do this kind of thing" Kayla speaks up randomly clearly shocking Regulus, who had been enjoying a drink which was now all over his clothes since he spat it all out in the moment of surprise. Before he opens his mouth he cleans up the mess and drys his clothes
"Huh?" Is all he manages as he turns to his wife who simply looks at him amused
"What?" She shrugs but Reg simply looks at the men in the room wide eyed.
"Didn't expect that did you Reggie" Sirius laughs at his brother.

I wish it could stay like this, all of us together having fun chatting not worrying about the future and whether we will all be together in the future.