💌 | Dottore x GN!Reader

Start from the beginning

He knew. He believed in you, you'd wait for him until he found the solution.

"Zandik?" You called out.

He made a "hm" sound, letting you know that he heard you.

"Get in the bed and sleep with me, please?"

He smiled at you in response and nodded. As he did so, you tried your hardest to engrave the image of his winsome smile in your sea of memories, your mind was still hazy from waking up in the middle of the night.

He got into the bed with you and wrapped an arm around your feeble form, his hand rubbed against the scales that coated your arm. Treating you as if you were a fragile piece of paper that could break easily. Which in a way, you were.

The scales that Eleazar plagued on your body was a weird sensation, it made your skin feel numb. But it also made you feel like your body was being smoldered by an invisible flame, one that could not be extinguished easily.

In that moment however, in his arms you felt... normal. It was like you never had this illness to begin with, and all of that was only an illusory pain.

Safe, was what you felt as you listened to the rhythm of his heartbeat, guiding your tired mind away into a land of bliss...

---

The next day came and the sun made its way above the tall, icy mountains. Its soft rays of light embraced your body, causing your eyes to blink open. You expected to greet your lover but he was nowhere to be found, the other side of the bed was cold.

Huh, maybe he was busy today, you told yourself.

As you laid there, a soft knock came through your door and it was opened, revealing a segment of Dottore—Beta. He was holding a tray of freshly made breakfast as he made his way over to you, setting it onto the nightstand.

"Good morning, (Y/n)!" Beta greeted you with an enthusiastic voice.

You adored the segments, they were always so ecstatic to see you.

In return, you gave him a little grin and waved at him, saying a "good morning" to him, as well.

"As usual, I've made you your favorite! Pancakes with some fruits on the side!" He clasped his hands together, proud of himself that he was able to make you your meal.

You turned your head to the tray and woah, it looked really appetizing.

Without any hesitation, you went to grab the fork. But with how shaky your hands were, it slipped out of your grasp and hit the floor.

"Ah... I'm sorry," you said. Retracting your hands back to your side. You didn't remember being this tired from lifting your arm up....

"It's alright, darling. I brought a spare one just in case. How about I feed you instead?" Beta picked the fork up, switching to a cleaner one.

You were about to deny but stopped yourself when you saw how his face practically screamed please-let-me-feed-you.

Just like Prime, the segments loved to pamper you.

You chuckled and shook your head, giving him a gesture to do as he pleased. And just like you have guessed, he perked up and sat down on the side of the bed, feeding you pieces of sliced pancakes.

Like usual, the segments would take turns to keep you company. Theta told you about a story where he accidentally put too much spice into Prime's food. Well, that explained why he came back holding his stomach that day. And Zeta was just there for you to cuddle as you took naps.