Chapter Two - The Train Ride and Sorting Hat

It didn't take long for the cart door to open. It was the twins from earlier. They began to talk to there brother. I looked out the window. I highly doubt anyone will want to talk yo me. Then. They caught me by surprise. "Heather." I jumped at that. Then I turned to them. "Did we introduce ourselves. Fred and George Weasley and this is Ron our brother." I simple nodded in reply.
"See you later then. Bye." Ron said. The twins slid the compartment doors shut. He then looked to me. "Are you really Heather Potter?" I nodded. "Oh well. I thought it might be one of Fred and George's jokes." I tilted my head. I never really talked much. I didn't like to. After all. Actions speak louder then words. Mom and dad probed that. "And have you really got. You know" he pointed at my left forehead. My eyes narrowed.
"Yes I do. But it's sensitive. That's why it is covered." He just nodded. "And I do indeed remember it. I don't like nor do I want to talk about it." I already relive it enough.
"Really?"
"So your from the Weasley family?"
"Yeah." I hummed.
"I heard you went to live with muggles. What was it like?"
"I don't like to talk about my relatives." He nodded. "What about your family."
"I got five brothers. Bill and Charlie have already left. Bill was head boy and Charlie was quidditch captain. Now Percy a prefect. Fred and George mess around a lot but they still get really good marks. And they're really funny. Everyone expects me to do as well as the others. But if I do it's no big deal because they did it first. You never get anything new either. With five brothers. I've got Bill's old robs, Charlie's old wand, and Percy's old rat." He pulled the said rat out of his pocket. My heart dropped. I recognized that rat. It was exactly like my old stuffed rat. Just like Uncle Wormtail. No. I. I can't I just nodded and looked out my window. I wanted to be alone.

We where speeding past fields. My eyes watched. I glanced over. As a nice dimpled lady opened the door. I stood up. Pulling out some coins.
"Eight chocolate frogs, Two Betty bots every flavor beans, and six licorice wands please." The lady smiled and I paid her the amount asked. I sat down and handed Ron three licorice wands, one Betty box every flavored beans, and four chocolate frogs. He stared at me for a bit. "Go one. It's rude to eat so much sweets and not share." He smiled and took them. I just smiled. I ate the licorice first. Then the chocolate frogs. And finally I leaned back. I gave the cards to Ron. I hummed before reaching into my side bag. And pulled out my sketch book and instantly began sketch. From forests to desperate to sunsets to Potter manor to the cottage then to mom and dad. I sketched there smiling faces. Dads unkept black hair and dark brown skin. His rounded glasses. His constantly smiling face. His dark brown eyes. Then to mom. Her pale but colored skin. Her crimson blood red hair. Her bright forest green eyes. And bright smile. I was about to add another person when someone came in. It was Nev.

He was round faced. Had black hair and tears in his light brown eyes. "Have you seen a toad."
"Have you asked an older student like a prefect to use a summoning charm."
"No. That's a good idea."
"Here let me try. What's its name."
"Trevor." I smiled and pulled out the box my wand rested in. I didn't want it to break or to get dirty so I kept it in its box. I pulled it out and held it by the hilt. Closed my eyes as I remembered what mom told me about the summoning charm. She'd rant about charms and potions non stop. I'd memorized and written down everything in a notebook for each one. From hack and hints to the explanation and theories. At that moment another girl appeared. She was buck toothed. In her new Hogwarts robes. Had long bushy brown hair. She stood behind Neville. But he shushed her. I did the hand motions. "Accio Trevor the toad." At that moment a small toad fell into my hand and handed Neville the toad.
"How'd you do that."
"Mom used to talk about charms and lotion all the time. She'd rant and rant on them. I memorized everything by heart."
"Really?" The girl moved in and sat with us Neville followed suit. "I memorized all this years book by heart. I'm Hermione. Hermione Granger by the way. Who are you."
"Neville Longbottom." Neville replied. More to me and Ron then Hermione. Well. It was safe to say he didn't remember me.
"I'm Ron Weasley." Ron Replied.
"I'm Heather Potter." I then turned to look out the window. I listened as she talked. After a bit she and Neville left. I looked out the window. I just wanted to sit in silence. The other boy continued to talk as I sketched. I started on Padfoot. Drawing his heathy pale skin. His charcoal black eyes. And long black hair. Pulled back into a half pony tail. I listened as Ron talked about the Quidditch. After a bit I moved on to Uncle Money. I drew his scarred face. His kind eyes. I was just about to get into coloring when the door again opened. This time it wasn't Neville nor Hermione Granger nor the twins.

No. Three boys. One of which was the boy from Madame Malkin's robe shop. I looked up. My hair covering the left side of my face. He stared at me with much more interest. I stared at him. He stared at me. I glanced at the boys. "Oh. This is Crab and this is Goyle. And my names Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." I just nodded before setting down the pen I was using and continuing. I ignored him. Until he held out his hand.
"I don't judge people for family names. But for the person themselves." I glared at him. He then talked and insulted my parents. I shot up. A glare plastered on my face. "Excuse me."
"You heard me." I felt more then saw both Midnight and Twilight growing with my rage. The magic in the air thickened. I looked up. Glaring. That's when Scabbers *cough cough* Peter *cough cough* attacked them. I just sighed. And shook my head. I stood up. Kicked Ron out so I can change.  I then left allowing Ron to change my eyes closed. As I began to walk. They then opened.

That's when everyone began to leave. I looked around. That's when I saw a familiar man. I just followed. Holding my side bag in place. Holding the strap. I moved to a boat. Where Ron, Neville, and Hermione joined me. We confined on until we reached the door.

I smiled when I saw Grandma Minnie. She looked around and smiled when she saw me. We followed after her. She then lead us to a small empty chamber. Off the hallway. She began to speak. "Welcome to Hogwarts. The start of term banquet will begin shortly but before you take your seats in the Great Hall you will be sorted into your houses. The sorting is a important ceremony because while you are here your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts you will have classes with the rest of your house. Sleep in your house dormitory and sped free time in your house common room. The four houses are called Griffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and has produced outstanding witches and wizards.-" I zoned out the rest of the speech. Simple watching my god-grandmother. I shook my head. I looked around. Then glanced at the door. Then ghosts appeared. A beautiful white that was also transparent. I felt two fantom weights. Midnight. My cat mad of shadowed landed on my right shoulder. With Twilight my black, blue, and purple dragon rested on my left. What she was made of I didn't know. Both females looked at the ghosts. That was when Minnie returned.

We followed after her. I blinked. Only glancing around. Standing in the line. I turned to look at  Minnie. Before looking up. I smiled. Mom talked about this non stop when I was younger. I again looked at the hat. I tilted my head. I wonder what song it'll sing. I listened. My head tilting. Great. I fit in all fucking four. I sighed. And looked straight ahead. Again running back into reality. I watched as they began the sorting. Hufflepuff. Hufflepuff. Ravenclaw. Ravenclaw. Griffindor. Slytherin. I sighed. Hufflepuff. Griffendor. Griffendor. Griffindor. Slytherin. Not many people. There where four who went before I myself was called. "Potter Heather." I closed my eyes and took a step forward. Whispers instantly broke out. I sat down. People turned. Staring at me. That's when the hat fell upon my head. Covering my right working eye. I closed my eyes. Hmm. Difficult. Plenty of courage. Bravery. Loyalty. Cunning. Smart. Very smart. Talent. So much talent. Where should you go?
Griffindor.
Why?
I want to live up to mom and dad. I want to be brave and smart.
Very well then. Better be "Griffindor!" I instantly took off the hat. Stood up. And went to the table. Avoiding all physical contact. Well. As much as I can. Until Percy grabbed and shook my hand vigorously. I flinched. I glanced at the head table. My eyes looking at each person. I zoned out the rest of the sorting. Not long after Ron joined them. Minnie rolled up the parchment and left. I again zoned out glaring at my plat. I didn't like Dumbledore. I looked at the banquet. My eyes closing.