Part 7

Minho, who sat behind Felix with Jisung cradled on his lap, sucked in a breath as Jisung stirred. He and Felix had decided to go to Felix's house because it was safer, and full of supplies. They sat on the motorcycle, parked next to their front steps. Jisung groaned softly. "Honey," he murmured. "What's going on?" His voice was hoarse and scratchy. Minho pressed a kiss to Jisung's forehead, holding him tightly to his chest.

"I'll tell you as soon as you're better," said Minho gently. Jisung nodded, his eyes half-closed as he fell unconscious once more. Felix motioned for Minho to follow him. They climbed the few front steps to the door, Minho carrying Jisung as easily as carrying a doll.

"We'll have to be quiet to make sure Hyunjin doesn't wake up. We'll tell him everything in the morning with Jisung," whispered Felix. Minho nodded, then Felix entered the passcode to unlock the house and eased open the door. They crept in, careful not to make the floorboards creak. "There's a guest bedroom for you guys, and I can help you take care of Jisung," Felix continued. Minho thanked Felix as he followed him, until they turned the corner to the kitchen.

Hyunjin was standing in the middle, his arms crossed. He looked scared, worried, upset, but mostly angry. Felix stopped in front of Hyunjin, surprised.

"W-what are you doing? Why are you still awake?" he asked. Hyunjin stepped forward and grabbed Felix on the shoulders.

"What am I doing? I was waiting for you!" he said, almost yelling. He held up his phone, showing Felix all the unread messages and calls he had sent. "What were you doing? Where were you? Why...why are you all bloody? What happened?" Hyunjin gently touched the wound on Felix's face and hugged him gently, not caring if blood got on him. "I'm sorry for yelling. Are you alright?" he asked in a much softer voice. Felix nodded.

"I'm fine," he said. Hyunjin noticed Minho carrying Jisung behind Felix, letting go of his embrace.

"Wh-guys, what's going on? Is Jisung alright?" He stepped towards Jisung and examined his face, making sure not to touch him or get too close. "I can help," he told Minho. "With anything, if you'll allow me. I studied human anatomy and basic toxicology a few years ago." He knew that, especially with a pregnant mate, alphas could be very protective and aggressive towards other alphas that touched their mate.

"Thank you," said Minho. "I don't know if he was poisoned or if he has any internal injuries, if you can find out. But first, take care of your mate." Hyunjin nodded at the elder's instructions, although he had been about to ask if he could tend to Felix first. He led Minho and Jisung to the guest bedroom, then went with Felix to their bathroom for the medicine kit. Minho set Jisung gently on the bed, gazing at his bruised face. He brushed a few stray pieces of hair out of the way and kissed his forehead, holding his hand tightly. "You'll be alright," he whispered. He wouldn't let Jisung out of his sight ever again.

A knock came from the door. "Come in," called Minho. Hyunjin and Felix, whose head was newly bandaged, walked in. Hyunjin carried a medical kit. He set it down on the bedside table and stood beside Minho.

"May I?" he asked, reaching towards Jisung. Minho nodded, but still tensed when Hyunjin lifted Jisung's shirt. With his long, nimble fingers, he gingerly probed Jisung's torso. He checked his airways and listened to his heartbeat. When he was done, he turned back to Minho, handing him a bottle of pills. "He doesn't seem to have any serious injuries, just some bruises and scrapes. It seems he was knocked out with a relatively mild sedative, so he should be drifting in and out of sleep for the next few hours. His joints may be stiff, so he might not be able to walk for a few hours. Tomorrow, if he has any headaches or pain, have him take two pills. They aren't prescription, so you can get more if you need to. But, if you can, I would still take him to the doctor." Minho sighed, looking older than he really was.