Chapter 7: Lets Talk.

Hey lovelies, school is getting pretty busy right now because the first semester is ending, so there might be a wait before the nest chapter. Thank you all for understanding. Love y'all.

Scarlett's POV:

That little bastard. 

Why the hell is he here? Did he know about this? Was that why he said he knew my dad? What in the actual fuck. Out of all the people I was expecting, its him. My rival, or at least who I thought was my rival. Ethan fucking Volkov. The little bitch. I hope he didn't know about this and not tell me. God, I hate him. But then again, how could I hate him.

He just stand there, staring with little to no emotion in his gaze. We just stand there staring into eachothers eyes and I feel myself get a little weak. They cannot know how much their presents effects me. My dad then greets them and introduces me as if i've never met them before, which I haven't, at least most of them.  "Andrei, Mila, Ethan, it's nice to see you all again. This is my daughter Scarlett Romano. Scarlett, this is Andrei, my best friend, Mila, his beautiful wife, and Ethan Volkov, their son, although I believe you have met Ethan before. I heard he is in your school". 

Before I could get my thoughts straight enough to answer, Ethan jumps into the conversation "We have known of each other for a while, been in the same classes, things like that. But we have never really talked much before other than brief greetings". I just nod along with what he says. I know that the brief greetings part is a lie but I make no effort to correct him as though I still can't believe that it's him before me. I then collect myself and say "It's nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Volkov. It's nice to see you again Ethan".

"Well now that we have all met, let's start eating and discussing this matter, shall we?" my dad says. Before we sit down I ask "Before we get comfortable, could I talk to you privately Ethan?". He looks at me wearily but then says "Sure Scarr" and turns to our parents and says "We will be back soon" and we walk out. 

As soon as we are out of earshot, which ends up being the ally behind the building just to be sure, I turn to Ethan and say "Did you know about this? Well of course you did or else you wouldn't have been at my house that day. Why did you agree to this? Do you actually want to marry me?". Questions just kept falling from my mouth, my anxious word vomit coming through, full force. He just stands there listening to my rant until my words become a soft mumble.

He then holds my hands to calm me and says "Scarr, I did know about this and I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to hate me even more than you do or at least did. I also didn't want your dad to try and arrange a marriage for you with someone else who would have just treated you wrong. You deserve only the best sweetheart". The words sounded unreal but I found strange comfort within them. He just knows how to calm me, how to handle my mannerisms and it makes me feel good that he already pays attention to little things with me. 

"Ethan, I don't want to get married. It's not me.  I'm not even 18 and the thought of not have freedom scares the shit out of me. I just can't do this. I have too much to lose by doing this." I say. "Darling, I know this is a scary thing but I'm glad it's with me. I am not looking to rip your freedom away from you, I like you, a lot actually so this whole marriage thing is different in my head than yours. I see it as an opportunity to get to know you better and maybe one day start something with you. That is something I want. I have always wanted to be with you" I just listen to his words. I like his voice. Its soothing. 

"It is scary and when I heard about this I was freaking the fuck out when I heard my dad put me in an arranged marriage with one of his friend's daughters, I thought I would get stuck with a spoiled brat of a kid, but when I heard it was with you, the only girl I have ever wanted, I could not think of a better person to be in this messed up relationship with. I would not change a thing" He said, finishing of his own little speech.

His words meant a lot to me. They calmed me down. I felt safe around him. He made me feel safe and good about myself. I want to make him feel the same. There seems to be this connection between us and I do not know what to think about it. I think I like him, maybe hating him for so long let me be close with his so changing to liking him is so easy. I am starting to think this might not be all that bad.

Maybe this whole marriage thing won't be as bad as my subconscious is making it out to be. Or maybe it will be just as bad. Maybe it will end up with us falling in love, or with us hating each other even more that we previously did. Or at least what I did. All I know as of right now, there is no one I'd rather be in an arranged marriage with. Maybe Chris Evans. But he would not agree to that. Well, I would rather not be in an arrangement at all, but it's not like I can change anything. Maybe I can. 

Hey lovelies, don't forget to comment and vote. Love ya.

Word count: 1026