🅰🆁🅴 🆈🅾🆄 🅲🅾🅼🅸🅽🅶?

𝕳𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖊𝖑𝖞, 𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖔 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖍𝖎𝖒. 𝕳𝖊 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖉 𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖞 𝖋𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉. 𝕳𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖇𝖞 𝖆𝖓𝖞 𝖒𝖊𝖆𝖓𝖘 𝖆 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖊𝖗 ɿɘꙅo| ɒ...

(Y/N) could not think. No, she could not process the interaction she just had with the boy who had corrupted her brain for far too long. Her brain was going five hundred miles an hour trying to think if she should talk to him again or just leave him alone. Her eyes were wide and looking down at the empty desk table in front of her. Not caring what was being discussed in the history class or how to do the homework. All she could physically do was slightly glance to her right to see Donnie barely awake for the class. His posture made him look like he was paying attention but his mind was somewhere far away from the classroom they were in.

Just when (Y/N) had the feeling of going to the bathroom just to have time with her thoughts alone the school bell rang loudly. Everybody got up quickly picked up their books and pencils and darted straight towards the door in the back of the class. (Y/N) was one of them as she stood as quickly as she could and grabbed all her belongings. She tried to see from the corner of her eyes Donnie picking up his things and leaving. By the time she was holding everything he was gone from her sight. 'How the hell does he move that fast?' she questioned herself. She then left the class and walked into the crowded hallway. As people passed her she tried to see if he was anywhere in the crowd. To her displeasure, he was nowhere to be found. (Y/N) mentally sighed and walked to her next period.

She did not see Donnie for the rest of the school day. The first period was the only time she could even be in the same room as Donnie. With all her hope, after every single period, she looked out for him in the hallway. Hoping that she would catch him with his friends or just walk right by her. Yet her searches were failures as he disappeared and was not seen again for the rest of the day.

During the short lunch period (Y/N) sat at her usual table with some of her friends. She was very close to them but sadly barely had them in any of her classes. Her lunch period was the middle ground of stress and relaxation. She stressed about if she did the homework for the next period and relaxed in the comfort of the food and friends in front of her. But that day was neither, all she could feel was nervousness. Nervous that one of her friends accidentally slipped to another person her likeness of Donnie. Nervous that she acted or said the wrong things to Donnie. 'Maybe that's why he didn't want to talk to me after class. He probably thinks I'm a psycho obsessed with him.'

"Hey (Y/N) are you alright? You like kind of stress." The girl in front of her named Clarissa asked her. (Y/N) talked to Clarissa every once in a while and was quite nice. 

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine Clair. I'm just worried about the history homework we have. I didn't pay attention in class today." (Y/N) replied telling some of the truth about her stress.

"Oh, I can just give it to you after school." Clarissa quickly responded and (Y/N) thanked her fully. After her short conversation, she went back to thinking about Donnie. She thought about how tired he looked and how he probably had no sleep the night before. 'How does he just wake up in the middle night and just fall asleep in the open? He has to be crazy.' (Y/N) thought about talking about what happened to Donnie to her group but remembered her parents' words not to. She then proceeded to think about Donnie even more to herself.

When the last bell rang for the day (Y/N) felt free and ran to her locker to put away her stuff. As she was putting away her things she looked to her left to see if Donnie was there with his friends. Unfortunately, it was only his two friends who were talking to each other about god knows what. 'He probably had to leave early for some psychiatric treatment. God, he's so crazy. Why God does it have to be him I like!' (Y/N) yelled to herself as she closed her locker and walked outside the school.

"(Y/N), hey wait you needed the history homework right?" Clarissa waved and ran up to her as she was walking down the stone stairs.

"Oh my god yes I need it thank you so much. You're a lifesaver you know." (Y/N) put her hand near her forehead and went over with her to the nearest bench. As she was starting to jot down notes she missed during class she noticed something at the corner of her right eye. While Clarissa was talking about one of the things from class (Y/N) looked up to see what her eye caught. Standing near a tree holding his arms was the missing boy. He stood laying against the tree looking at the people around him. (Y/N) couldn't move from the sight. 'Where was he this whole time? Why is he here now out of all the times in the world?' (Y/N) practically yelled in her brain.

"(Y/N) are you even paying attention to what I am saying?" Clarissa then looked up to where (Y/N)'s were looking straight at. Clarissa laughed quietly and nudged (Y/N) from her trance.

"Do you have a crush on Darko?"

"What no no no no no no. It's just he's been gone all day and I have only seen him in my first period." (Y/N) replied so fast that the pencil in her hand fell out of her grasp and fell to the ground. She then picked it up and brushed it off to seem normal as possible.

"(Y/N) nobody tracks Donnie Darko. You're probably the only person in this school who noticed he was even gone." (Y/N) nodded and succumbed to her fate of liking the weirdest kid in school.

"Listen, I'll get the homework on Monday. I want to go home and sleep. I'll see you next week!" (Y/N) waved goodbye to Clarissa and walked down the stairs to the sidewalk.

The usual route for (Y/N) to walk to her house was going to the left and then turning a right near 2nd Street. But there was a blockage that she didn't want to come close to. Donnie. He was standing right in the way where she would have to walk right by him as nothing happened during the first period between the two. 'Nooo, why does he have to stand there out of all the places? Just forget it I'll walk by him fast.' (Y/N) mustered up some courage and started to sprint and walked her way across the sidewalk. Kept her eyes straight and not making a single movement toward Donnie. After a few fast steps, she walked past him without a single hello or nod. She breathed a small sigh of relief and continued to walk to her house.

When (Y/N) was standing at the corner of 2nd Street about to cross she had a weird feeling. She didn't know what it was. It was almost a ghostly feeling as if there was a spirit or something near her. (Y/N), scared and disturbed, looked behind her only to see Darko standing behind her. (Y/N) gasped loudly and put her hand to her heart.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare ya." He deviously replied with a cute smirk he had put on before. (Y/N) tried to smile but was so out of breath she could barely breathe. After a few hard breaths, she looked up at his drooped eyes.

"What the hell are you doing? Why are you standing right behind me? Are you following me?" She madly asked him all the while he kept his cool. (Y/N) then noticed the big height difference between the two of them. Sitting down made both of them look equal but he was taller than she would have expected. This made her slightly cower from the intimidating presence he held.

"Relax, we're neighbors remember? I also go the same route as you after school every day. I just take a bike which takes me less time. I don't like walking, it takes up too much time of the day."

"Then why are you walking right now?" (Y/N) looked up at him to see him looking at the cars slowing down for them to cross. Her questions were rather stupid as she later recalled them but where spur of the moment.

"I don't know, just want to." He said calmly as he walked across the street. (Y/N) stood on the sidewalk trying to read him. He was so unique, so different, so amazing. She couldn't tell why but she had fallen harder for him than ever before.

"Are you coming?" Donnie yelled as he stood across the street from (Y/N). (Y/N) then ran across the busy street luckily not getting hit by any of the cars going past her.

"Well, I'm gonna go this way. I'll see you tomorrow." Donnie said as he then walked across the street once again to get to his house. (Y/N) watched as he walked and didn't look back to see her. 'I don't understand him. What's his deal? It's like he acts like he likes me and then treats me like some regular girl in school. I just don't get it.' After her short thought (Y/N) walked back home, ate dinner, watched tv with her parents, and went to sleep. Hoping the next day would be even better.