🌻 Queen for a Day 🌻

Magsimula sa umpisa

Quirin chuckles at his son's adorable enthusiasm. "Yes. In the meantime, stay away from those rocks." He tells him. "Uh, okay, but, um that's getting harder to do by the minute." Varian points out, as he glances around the neighborhood that is littered with pointy black rocks. A small cluster then sprouts by his arm. Yep. A whole lot harder.

[Meanwhile, In Y/n's Bedroom, In Corona Castle]
Y/n wakes up bright and early and immediately heads to Rapunzel's bedroom. But she narrows her eyebrows in confusion, when she sees that her older sister isn't in there.

Entering the hallway, the youngest princess gasps, startled, as she almost bumps into Frideborg. "Oh! Friedborg, good morning." She greets.

Friedborg, silent as always, greets the youngest princess with her signature smile. Y/n giggles, awkwardly. "Alright. I'll see you later, then. And, you look lovely today." She compliments, before heading down the hallway to find Rapunzel.

Eventually approaching the doors of the throne room, Y/n finds her older sister having a private but serious-sounding conversation with their father. "Good morning, Daddy. Morning, Rapunzel!" Y/n greets. "Oh, good morning Y/n. Rapunzel and I were just going over her schedule for today." Frederic tells her youngest daughter.

"Oh, that's great. Uhm.. anything I can help her with? I helped free her schedule a little bit yesterday." Y/n points out. "Yes! Thank you so much for that, little sis.." Rapunzel replies, holding her little sister's hands with a warm smile.

"But, most of her schedule involves seeing how well she can do on her own. After all, this is to be expected when she becomes queen." Frederic tells Y/n. "I get that.." She replies, nodding. "..but, she handled all the important stuff on her own these past few days. And Mommy told me that I'll always assist her." She adds, frowning a little.

"I appreciate it, Y/n. You know I do!" Rapunzel tells her little sister, with her warm smile. Y/n smiles back, as her older sister's fades. "Maybe later, okay? There's an audience waiting in there." Rapunzel tells her, gesturing to the throne room.

"Well, can I come in too please? To see how she does?" Y/n asks their father, who shakes his head. "Don't worry about your sister, Y/n. I know she'll do brilliantly." Frederic answers, putting a hand on his oldest daughter proudly. Y/n nods, hiding her sadness. "Good luck, sis." She tells her older sister. "Thanks, Y/n." Rapunzel replies, with a smile.

Taking a deep breath, Rapunzel nods. "I've got this.." She states, then enters the throne room with Frederic, leaving a secretly left out Y/n behind.

[A Little Later]
"Your Majesty. Ever since you repaved the roads, wear and tear on people's shoes are at an all-time low! Not one person has come into the cobbler shop all week!" Feldspar tells the king, pointing to his shoes. On Rapunzel's shoulder, Pascal yawns, making his best friend chuckle.

"I see. Well, we can't very well unpave the roads, can we, Feldspar?" Frederic asks, making Arianna chuckle. "However, it occurs to me that the royal guard is in need of new boots. Do you think you might be of service, sir?" Frederic asks.

"Might.. Might I? Why, of course, your Majesty." Feldspar replies with a now, before walking away with a satisfied smile.

Curious, Rapunzel leans over to her father. "Do the guards really need new boots?" She whispers. "Uh, no. But the livelihood of our local businesses is worth the extra cost." Frederic advises. Pascal nods. That makes sense, even to him.

"Wow! I have learned so much from shadowing you these last few days!" Rapunzel states, with a grin. "Good. Because you must be prepared for any contingency while we're gone." Frederic tells her.