Needful

Gar groaned as he slowly opened his eyes. He saw an orange shield, which was stopping smoking from getting to them.

M'gann let out a woozy moan. "Conner, the fires..." She said to her fiance, as Gar looked towards the fires by the destroyed Zeta-Tube.

"On it." Connor replied to his fiance. "Phoenix, drop the shield." He said, as he jumped over to the fires. R'ohh K'arr and the other guard were standing next to Ma'alefa'ak, who was on his knees. Another guard was on his knees by the fires.

"Ok." Phoenix said. A second later, the orange shield vanished.

Connor then started coughing as he picked up a piece of the Zeta-Tube debris to put out one of the fires as one of the M'hontrrs guarding Ma'alefa'ak looked towards Connor.

M'gann and Phoenix appeared in front of him.

"Gar! Garfield, are you all right?" M'gann asked her youngest brother, as her eyes glowed green and Phoenix's glowed orange.

Gar grunted. "What happened?" He asked, as Connor used another piece of Zeta-Tube debris to cover the second fire.

Ma'aleca'andra: March 23: 00:03 UTC.

"The Zeta-Tube. It exploded. Luckily Phoenix protected us." Em'ree answered, standing by the controls as M'aatt helped J'ann to stand up. The red holo-screens were showing static.

"But my brother... he was in the tube!" J'ann said worriedly, as Em'ree looked towards her parents and M'att looked towards his daughter. "Where is he?" J'ann asked frantically, her eyes widening.

"I'm not sure." M'gann said as she and Phoenix stepped towards them as Gar inflated his body and floated up.

"But he isn't here. He may have zeta'd away before the explosion." Phoenix added for his red haired Martian sister, as he extended out his right hand.

Phoenix switched to his link with Nick.

"He might have made it, but I can't be sure." Nick told his alien self.

"Neither can I." Phoenix agreed with his human self, before he switched back to M'gann's link.

R'ohh turned to M'gann and Phoenix. "You mean the explosion caused by the terrorist Ma'alefa'ak?" He accused, as M'gann and Phoenix turned towards the guards and Ma'alefa'ak, Ma'alefa'ak glancing towards his sister and Phoenix.

"Look, I'm not my brother's biggest fan right now," M'gann said, looking at her brother before she glanced upwards. "but M'comm did not do this." She said.

"And I can't forget how he tried to start a war on my home planet, New Genesis between my people, the New Gods and the land dwelling Bugs." Phoenix said, glaring at Ma'alefa'ak. His eyes flashing, showing Nick's anger. The M'hontrrs were surprised by this revelation.

"It's a shame that it didn't work." Ma'alefa'ak said, which made Phoenix narrow his eyes in anger, his eyes flashing to show Nick's had forgotten either.

"So you say." R'ohh said to M'gann.

Gar then looked at his siblings. "But Martian Manhunter made it to the Watchtower, right?" He asked them, spreading out his arms as they looked at him.

M'gann and Phoenix looked towards Em'ree. "Em'ree?" Phoenix asked his brown haird Martian sister as he and M'gann floated over to the controls.

"Right?" Gar asked as he looked at them.

"Em'ree!" M'gann said urgently as she and Phoenix landed by the controls.