Chapter 13: Temple Raider

Start from the beginning

Jerome: Certainly a suck-up in your programming, Owl. Start setting up defenses within this area. If the droids return, that'll be the place to hold if we lose the courtyard.

Owl: Alright, let's get moving people.

He said as members of the 717th began heading back towards the walker while Rex moved up next to Anakin.

Rex: We'll keep an eye out here.

Anakin: Alright, be back soon. Something isn't right about this.

He muttered to his captain as the two men followed after Ahsoka. Descending deeper into the temple it became clear that it was a setup as the trio passed by several duos of B-1's inside unlocked cells.

Ahsoka: You do realize we're walking into a trap?

Anakin: I know.

Ahsoka: And that we just passed by two more droids?

Anakin: I know.

He replied again, simply keeping his gaze ahead as Ahsoka looked back at them as the two joined the column walking behind them.

Ahsoka: Well, can't I deal with them?

Anakin: If they're bothering you that much, sure. Do you care, Jerome?

Jerome: Well, they haven't shot us yet, so we might as well before they do.

He said, spinning around and blasting one of the droids in the head, its body crashing into the others before a few swift slashes from Ahsoka took out the rest.

Anakin: Not bad, throwing them off guard and then dispatching them. You two work well together.

Jerome: If you call shooting a droid point blank, you'll love this.

He said before leaning back and firing across his body, blowing the head off another B-1 coming around the corner. Anakin rolling his eyes, gave a small applause as the young man holstered his blaster.

Anakin: Veeery impressive. Now come on, I can sense the Hutt nearby.

He stated, the young man shaking his head before walking further into the dungeons. Stopping in front of one door, the Jedi knight typed a few buttons on a nearby keypad, which upon opening, the three Force-sensitives were met with a tiny Hutt, probably no bigger than a basketball.

Jerome: Damn, I've heard of Hutt's, but aren't they usually bigger?

Anakin: When they get older, I didn't expect him to be so young.

He said, glancing at Ahsoka as she moved inside and crouched before the Hutt.

Ahsoka: Either way, the little guy's kind of cute.

Anakin: Good, you can carry him then.

He said as Ahsoka looked up at him with wide eyes.

Ahsoka: Wait, why me?

Anakin: Well, you did say you find it cute, and Jerome is nowhere near capable unless you want to try.

Jerome, upon hearing this, instantly backed away and raised his one good hand in the air.

Jerome: Nope, I'm good, sir. One good thing about being temporarily crippled, don't have to deal with this. Good luck, Ahsoka. He's starting to smell.

He said, shriveling up his nose and turning to leave. Anakin was soon on the boy's heels as the duo left Ahsoka to carry the crying Hutt. Mutters of disgruntled comments echoed within the dimly lit room.

Jerome: So, what do you think their angle is? Because this was way too easy after fighting up the mountain.

Anakin: Well, possibly still springing the trap; let us hope Master Kenobi can get here before it runs its course.