When I reached the elevator, I saw Lea smiling while running in my direction.

"Hi, Mr. Madrigal! Welcome back!" She smiled and even nodded her head.

I waited for the elevator to close so I could talk to her privately. I saw her press floor#5. Right after pressing, I took the opportunity to talk to her.

"Really, Lea, I am thankful for what you have done but now, I don't see any reason to follow me pa. Ano bang gusto mo, promotion? Increase ng salary? O baka ako naman ang gusto mo? Because honestly, I find you annoying especially when you follow me for no reason."

Her face reddened with what I just said. "I am sorry, pero wala akong gusto sa mga nabanggit mo. I took care of you because you needed it at walang ibang gagawa ng mga iyon para sa iyo. I am not asking anything in return because I did that out of my own will. Now, I am not following you, it just happens that I needed something on that floor as per requested by the chairman."

I gulped upon hearing her answer. I should be more careful now. Less aggressive and more approachable perhaps? No. I can't bring down my walls yet.

The whole elevator ride was covered in silence.

When we reached the 5th floor, we parted ways since my office and the chairman's office are in different directions. She left the elevator first without even looking back at me but I didn't mind her.

I grasped my bag as tight as I could while sighing. It took less than 20 steps before I reach the door of my office. I held on to the touchpad and typed the pin. After, the door slowly opened and it revealed the very pristine office.

I placed my bag on the couch and walked towards my table. I touched my desk nameplate engraved in a very high-quality material of wood.

ALEXANDER MADRIGAL

     VICE-CHAIRMAN

It felt new to me although according to Lea, I am doing this thing for the last 10 years, more or less. I mean, not the Vice-chairman thing, but I am in the business world for that long.

I didn't waste any more time afterward, I sat on my swivel chair and turned on my computer. Every single file there is well-organized. Truly, the chairman is really taking care of me.

My hours went on with nothing to do that much. I just signed some papers and reviewed some contracts and that's pretty much all. I leaned on the backrest of my chair to think of something that will decrease my boredom.

I was so surprised when my secretary, Zion, barged into my room. "Good afternoon, sir! I am very sorry for barging in, but Ms. Solomon asked me to tell you that there will be a welcome back party at the Sky Tower function hall at 7 pm. All of the Board of Directors will be there."

I creased my forehead at him. "Why did they just inform me now?"

"I-I have no idea, sir!"  I just nodded at him and then he left.

Since I don't have anything more to do, I just left the building to prepare for the upcoming party. Syempre, if it's for me then I should be the best dressed there, right? I need to prepare.

7 pm

The ushers opened the big door of the function hall in which the said party will be held. I was escorted to my table which is located at the front, along with the other board of directors. Some employees also attended the party. I greeted some people who I think need to be greeted.

When I reached the lady in a red body-hugging dress, I was surprised when she initiated a hug. "Hi, Alex! Welcome back!"

I smiled and thanked her. I can tell by the look in her eyes that she is not just welcoming me back but she wants something from me. But man, I don't care what the hell she wants from me, I am willing to give it to her. If you're going to ask me what is my type, this is the perfect description of my type. Curves, fierce, aggressive and so hot!

I left her for a while to find Lea. She is the only one on the board of directors who is still not here. Nakakainit ng dugo dahil masyadong pa-VIP.

30 minutes past 7, the party started with the introduction of the board of directors.

"...COO Ms. Vien Ortiz" The lady in red stood up and waved her hand gracefully. Damn!

"Our CEO, non-other than Ms. Lea Solomon who is currently staying at the back." Lea stood up and smiled. I admit, she is stunning with her black dress tonight, but she's nothing compared to Vien.

"Ms. Solomon, may we request you to please join us here in front?" The emcee asked and she obliged. She shyly took the seat beside me. I was kind of disappointed because the seating arrangement is by position. From senior managers-COO-CEO-Vice Chairman and then Chairman, supposedly. And since Lea's position is higher than Vien, we are the ones sitting together. What if I suggest changing their positions in the company?

I can feel by her movements that she isn't comfortable at all. Panay lingon sa likod na para bang may hinahanap o binabantayan. I can feel irritation because I can't focus on what's happening. Thankfully, the emcee called me to give a short speech. The moment I stood up, she also excused herself and went back to her original seat, which is at the back.

After giving my short speech, everyone clapped their hands. I went back to my seat smiling knowing that Vien could move closer to me and she did. We were served delicious food and we also enjoyed the wine. Not only do we enjoy the wine, but also the company of each other. She is full of ideas on how we can make the company soar higher than it already is. I love this type of lady who is also intelligent--not just all face and body.

We passed the time by merely talking to each other. It's like we have our own bubble that no one could ever pop. We were still enjoying our conversation not until I caught a child's silhouette in my peripheral vision. She is between 6-8 years old, my guess. I saw her run to the back and there she vanished.

"What's that?" Vien asked me.

"Ah, nothing! Can you please excuse me for a while, I just need to check on something?" She agreed although confused and then I stood up to walk. I don't why am I even doing this but I felt the need to do so.

I reached the back part of the hall and I saw no child in there. One of the ushers approached me, "Sir, may problem po ba?"

"Actually, I was looking for a little girl in a pink dress. Did you see her leave ba?"

"Ah, yes po sir! Kasama po yata yung mommy niya. Kaaalis lang po nila." I nodded and didn't ask for more. Next, I looked for Lea because I noticed that she didn't go back to our table anymore. It's a shame to see that the executives are not complete. Not that I wish for her to come back because then Vien and I won't be able to converse anymore.

I walked closer to one of the staff's tables. "Hi! Did you see Lea?" They eyed each other and I don't quite get the reason why they need to do that.

One of them cleared his throat and answered me. "Actually po, sir, umalis na po si Ma'am Lea. She needs to go home before 10 pm po."

I almost laughed at their explanation. "Who is she? A Cinderella?" They eyed each other again and kept mum.

I decided to leave the table and went back to ours. My frustration is slowly building up.

"Si Lea ba ang hinanap mo?" Vien queried while looking at me intently. I didn't answer. "If I were you, lalayuan ko yung babae na yon."

This caught my attention.

"W-Why?"

"Let's just say, she approached you for a reason. She's well-known for something like that. Just a little tip, huwag mong hayaan na mahulog ka sa patibong niya." She smirked.

It made me think. Is that the reason why she took care of me? Was it because she needed something from me? Was that also the reason why the employees at the back are eyeing each other? I may be right not to bring my walls down yet to anyone especially to her because I really don't know who to trust.

Lea, is that really the woman you are? Disgusting.