My urgent breathing stopped suddenly. 

I held my breath as I raised my trembling fingers to Lisa's nose...

"Hu..."

I breathed out the air I held in my chest, then began to sob intermittently.

She was still breathing...

These were tears of both fear and joy. 

Besides my body... even my emotions had escaped my control.

I wiped my entire face with my sleeve. 

I sniffed, then took out my handkerchief to wipe the blood away for Lisa.

I was aware that I should pry Lisa's eyelid open to check the state of injury inside, but I couldn't dare to.

Fortunately, there wasn't too much bleeding. 

It finally stopped slightly by the time my handkerchief was completely soaked with blood.

"Wife~ remember this, okay~ if, I'm saying if, you accidentally fell down and it really hurts somewhere, don't rush to get up right away. You have to think of a way to check if it's a bone fracture. If it is... just shout for help, and don't move around carelessly, so as to not cause more damage. Did you get that?"

The things that Lisa taught me in the past echoed in my mind.

I called it something like, 'wilderness survival tips'...

I touched her limbs and neck in the way she taught me. 

After checking, I concluded that her injury should be internal. 

There was no bleeding on the surface or signs of bone fractures.

I let out a slight breath.

"Lili, Lili? Can you hear my voice?" I tried to wake her, but it was a futile effort.

I tried to carry her next, but even if she didn't seem to have that much meat on her, this still wasn't a weight that I could easily maneuver...

After a few failed attempts, I decided to find a better way. 

Otherwise, even if I could somehow pick her up, I would still be unable to complete the three to four hour trek down the mountain...

I got up, but the intense pain that swept over my body made me fall back on the ground.

I raised my hands for a look and found that my palms had been scraped open. 

It was oozing with blood, and some pieces of gravel were sticking to my flesh.

I lifted my trousers for a look. 

There were dark bruises from my knees all the way to my shin with different levels of swelling.

By focusing all of my mental energy on Lisa, I had overlooked my own pain. 

Once I returned to my senses, it's as if all of my neglected pain from before had been stored in my body; it burst out all at once.

I began to tremble uncontrollably again, and tears brimmed my eyes once again...

I clenched my jaw, cursing myself mentally for being useless, but these reactions were beyond my control.

I gritted my teeth, and got up again.