17. Family time

"Amazing control on that last bend mate

"Amazing control on that last bend mate." Louis compliments through my headset. I'm leading the Saudi Arabia grand prix with just 3 more laps to go.

My energy is high my focus is on the win and I'm so ready to bring my first win of the season home. Unfortunately there was a major collision on lap 5, taking both Ren and Tiago out.

I barely managed to avoid it with just a damaged front wing. Changing the wing took Senna longer than expected as it wasn't anticipated.

We lost a good 5 seconds but I managed to make my way back up to Pole. "3 second gap between you and Pearce."

Stay where you are Pearce. I'm taking this 1. "Two more laps to go." Louis confirms. "Tyres aren't feeling to good." I say, entering the DRS zone.

"You think you can push it?" Louis questions and I appreciate him asking for my opinion. "Yes, I think I can."

These last 2 laps fly by and as soon as I know it I see the Senna crew members climbed up onto the fence, waving their hands and cheering as the checked flag comes into view.

As I pass it Louis congratulations rings through. "Great work today Madden. First win of the season. Well done mate."

I raise my right hand out of the car waving at the roaring crowds of fans, feeling the pride seep into my bones.

This is my first win in 2 seasons. My mind soars with different emotions and I make sure I don't start crying like a little boy.

But I genuinely feel so proud of myself. I finally got back up there and I now realize how much I missed this feeling. It's motivating me to take every other win this season.

I pull up to the crew immediately jumping out of the car. As soon as I do Tia is jumping towards me, delight clear on his face.

"Yess Mads! You did it." He cheers, throwing his arm around my neck. "I did it." I say, my throat still full of emotion.

"You fucking did it." Tiago smiles and I can't help the grin that breaks onto my face too. We go to celebrate with the team, Louis and Will among them.

I'm convinced there is nothing better than this.

Tiago and I make our way back to the Senna motorhouse, my emotions all over the place.

I immediately catch sight of Jaiden and the girls standing just outside, Ren already making his way over to us. "Well done Mads! I'm pissed I flopped the second race also, but I'm more happy for you." He cheers, throwing his arm around me.

I pull off my helmet, feeling relieved. "Bravo cousin." Jaiden smiles, pulling me into a  hug. "Good race Madden!" Cameron calls out as Ren drags her away from us and into the direction of the Lauda motor house. (French:Bravo cousin|| Well done cousin)

"You did awesome! The way you made your way back up after that slow pit stop was really impressive." Luna smiles her head slightly tilted to the side as she looks up at me.