18 ¦ Blockbuster

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, sure. No problem.", I smiled at her. She smiled back and it just came on to I Was Never There by The Weeknd.

What makes a grown man wanna cry?

(Cry, cry, cry, cry)

What makes him wanna take his life?

(Yeah)

His happiness is never real

(Real, real, real, real)

Again she sang along softly, I like her music taste. We have to go party together again.

After 20 minutes we finally arrived at the cinema. I paid for the tickets, like a gentleman and we went upstairs. We got in line to the box office and waited.

After about 7 minutes, it was finally our turn. "Hello welcome. What would you like?"' the cashier asked us politely.

"Hey. One of the really big bag of salty popcorn please. Or would you like the sweet?" she asked, addressing me.

"Salty's fine," I replied curtly. I like both. Don't have a problem there, whether it's sweet or salty.

"Yes, then the big bag of salty popcorn please."

"Would you like the couple menu? It's $6 Dollars more, but is a little bigger and comes with M&Ms and 2 drinks," the cashier said. Raven looked at me expectantly with wide eyes. Oh, now I must be saying something.

"Yes, the couple menu then please."

"Okay and what drinks?"

"One coke and, what would you like?", I asked Raven.

"An iced tea lemon please.", she smiled at the cashier.

The cashier finished everything and I paid. Raven went to the restroom quickly and then we went into the hall. The lights were still on, so no stress.

We found our seats and sat down comfortably. We took extra couples seats. These are double seats, Something like a mini couch.

"Here.", I gave Raven my, or by now already her, cuddle blanket. She loves to watch movies under this blanket, so I figured I'd just take it with me. Just because of my plan, of course.

"Oh my god, you took it with you?" she beamed at me. I love her smile. Shiiiit... This kid is beyond saving... Shut the fuck up you inner voice.

The lights went out and movie trailers were playing. We laughed and talked about what movies we absolutely had to see. Then the movie started, the whole room went quiet.

TimeSkip; After the movie

The film was over and the Lights came back on, yet we still remained seated watching the names of all the people who worked on the film.

"Thank you George Evans Jr. for being the first assistant on camera B," she said suddenly. I looked to her. "I don't think anyone noticed him at any point and I think it's a little unfair. So I noticed him and thanked him for what he did," she explained.

"But now you didn't thank the other staff. That's a little unfair now too.", I said with a feigned serious face.

"Shit, that's right. Now I feel bad.", she said a little quieter.

"You don't have to, we can google and notice them later," I laughed but remained serious. Not that she thinks I'm laughing at her or anything...

We then packed up our stuff and headed out. Raven went to the bathroom again and I waited in front of it. When she came, we walked towards the escalator.

All of a sudden, a guy ran into Raven and spilled his drink on her.

"Shit, can't you look where you are going?!" the guy suddenly yelled at Raven.

"Excuse me what? YOU ran into ME!" she said in a slightly louder tone.

"Pay attention where you're going you fucking cunt. Put a leash on that little girl.", he turned to me and laughed dirty.