🌻 Max's Enemy 🌻

Start from the beginning

"Aw, what's your name, big fella?" Rapunzel asks the black horse, as she and Y/n approach him. "O-at Bag." Attila answers, pointing to an oat bag strapped to the horse's back. "What? O-at Bag was my Mother's name!" Shorty pipes up.

Y/n giggles. "No.." She tells the pub thugs, then wipes off the dust from the black horse's nameplate. "His name is Axel." She corrects.

"Where's your owner, Axel?" Rapunzel asks. Axel grunts sadly, indicating that he's all alone in the world. Y/n and Rapunzel gasp, saddened by this. "You're all alone?" Rapunzel asks. Axel nods, sadly.

Y/n frowns, then hugs the black horse. "Oh well, he can stay in the castle stables. Right Rapunzel?" She asks, with a pleading and hopeful expression. Rapunzel nods. "Yes you can! Tomorrow we're gonna find you a good home." She tells Axel.

"Yep. A horse like this will have no problem finding an owner. In the meantime, Max, why don't you show your new best pal around?" The Captain asks. Maximus neighs enthusiastically, before the two horses leave the village, followed by the Captain and the princesses.

"Uh, guys? Guys? Okay! Don't worry about us. We'll take him in." Eugene says, referring to the thief. "Or, you can let me go." Dwayne suggests. "Can it, Dwayne." Lance snaps. "All right." The thief replies.

[At The Castle Stables]
The first thing Maximus does is show Axel the castle horse stables. He then grins to the black horse as the hay for them to eat is delivered.

Axel immediately feasts on his, then butts in on Maximus and eats his. Maximus raises an eyebrow, but keeps his anger in. After all, who knows when Axel has last eaten? He could have been starving.

[In The Village]
Maximus then shows Axel around the village. They pass a pyramid of apples and Axel's eyes widen in delight. He leans over to eat an apple, but Maximus stops him and points to a sign sternly to remind him that they have to pay for the apples.

Axel grunts with a raised eyebrow. Then he looks in a direction, with a shocked expression. This makes Maximus look, thinking something bad is happening. Then Axel takes the liberty of grabbing an apple in his mouth and making a run for it.

However, the one apple that Axel takes makes the entire apple pyramid fall down. Maximus' eyes widen as the apples tumble in front of him and he frantically picks them up. A crowd of villagers see this and scold him. Maximus puts an apple down with a sheepish smile as Axel smugly grins.

[Later]
Maximus takes Axel to the fields, where Fidella also is. Maximus has always loved Fidella, and this was his chance to show her.

After scooping up a small blue plumbago bouquet, Maximus approaches Fidella. But he pauses when Axel catches up, with a slightly large bouquet.

It soon becomes a competition, as each horse gradually doubles their bouquets in size. Axel sadly wins, showing Fidella a whole bush. Maximus watches in shock. "OKAY! Who tore up my plumbagos?!" Ms. Crowley demands. Maximus neighs nervously, with a flower in his teeth.

And so, Axel manages to successfully flirt with Fidella, while Maximus is framed as the culprit, running away from the grouchy elderly woman.

[At Night]
Maximus staggers back to the stables with Axel, frustrated and exhausted. Maximus rolls his eyes as Axel trots beside him proudly. At least it's only for tonight. Axel will be fully adapted to everything by the next morning. All Maximus needs to do is put up with him for the remainder of the night.

The white horse motions to a blanket on the floor, telling Axel that's where he'll be sleeping. But Axel isn't there. Maximus turns around and grunts in annoyance as Axel sleeps in his prized stable!