What Have I Done? Pt. 1

My phone rings. 1:18. I ignore it and lay back down. My phone rings. 1:19. I ignore it and I hear Kay roll over above me on the couch. My phone rings; again. 1:21. Oh, you wait two minutes this time? "Hello?" I hear the hostility in my own voice. "Yes, is this Jacob?" I roll my eyes. "Yes, this is me. What you want?" "Your girlfriend, Carter Janelle, has been injured in an accident." MY heart drops. I jump to my feet and try finding my stuff in the dark. "How? Is she okay? Can I speak to her?" "She was speeding, for one, but a car came crashing into her. The driver of the car was drunk and got away." I wipe the tears from my eyes. "Can I please speak with her at least?!" A light flicks on. I shield my eyes from the light. Kay gives me a confusing look. "What's wrong?" she asks. I ignore her and start putting on my shoes. "She slipped into a coma as soon as we got her here. I'm sorry." I close my eyes and take a deep breath before my tears start to fall again. "Hello?! Mr. Latimore?" "What hospital is this?" "Westridge." I hang up and throw on my jacket. "Where are you going?" Kayon grabs my arm and turns me toward her. "Get off me! I've got to go Kayon!"

I speed to the hospital. A cop stopped me and I just got fed up and drove off. I don't care. I rush to the fron desk and ask for her room. "Room 1584." "Thanks." I take the visitors pass from her hands and starts to run upstairs. Behind me I hear whispers.

"Is that Jacob Latimore?"

No bitch; its BooBoo the fool.
-____-

"You think he'd sign my shirt?"

"Leave him alone!" Thank you!

"He's mine." What the-

Man, fuck that slow ass elevator. I'm taking the stairs. Whoa, badass on the loose. I stop to catch my breath when I get to the door. What have you done? Me? You mean we right? No, dumbass. You. I shake my head and walk in the door. As soon as my eyes find her, i breakdown.

"Janelle." I whisper her name even though she can't hear me. I grab her hand and lean over the hospital bed. Letting my tears drop on her, I figure it's all my fault. I know it's my fault. My phone starts to ring and I let it. I know it's only Kayon. I dont have time for her right now though. I look at my girlfriend all bandaged up and helpless. The tears come faster as I look over her many IV's and machine. She can't breathe on her own anymore.

"Remember when we first met?" I laugh a little and go on. "I was highly intimidated by your father. I was just so focused on getting signed it frustrated me. And you. You with your pretty hair and eyes. When I first saw you, I honestly don't know what I thought. But after lunch, I knew you were the one. I just had to have you. i sit and wait for a response I won't be getting. "Yeah, you were something different. To be honest, you're the third person I've ever dated, but the first who didn't bring me down."

"I mean, we fell off but I know I'd love you regardless. You are my angel, you are priceless. I can't see myself with nobody else. You're my everything. From the way you laugh, to the way you kiss. I can't get enough of you. It's something about you that drives me crazt when I'm around you. Just please don't leave me." I wipe the mucus from my nose and look back up. "Please."