Lisa's Modesty

(Author's Note: Sorry it took this long to make, it took a week to finish the chapter but I had been busy with other stuff as well! Hopefully the wait was worth it.)

It's been a couple of months since I got kidnapped by the tree huggers. I have been learning magic as part of my "training" . Lisa said it was absolutely mandatory to get at least some form of training before having any ideas about going on "adventures". But there is an awesome silver lining to that...

Spells baby spells!! I can do a fireball! I can do a Minor Heal! I can do Sparkles! Lisa kind of pranked me with that last one though. I thought I was gonna learn an electric spell but turns out it was just Sparks that look kind of pretty but literally do no damage to anything whatsoever.

Lisa seemed adamant on me not learning too many offensive spells, saying something along the lines of "Not being as miserable as her" whatever that means. She's been trying to nudge me to become a Mage Artist, which is a mage without any offensive spells. Using magic exclusively as a creative outlet.

I still don't understand why she hates adventuring. I would assume it's because it's a government job. But still! You get to travel so far into the lands! Why would anyone hate that?

Another weird thing that has been happening... Lisa has been keeping her distance, quite a modest distance honestly. It's nice... but it makes me feel uneasy.

I still haven't contacted my parents... or been contacted by them. There are no reports about anyone capturing Daisy or anybody that looks like Daisy that is a relief as well.

Things are good.

As I am thinking these thoughts in the solitary training room, white, bright and empty. I hear a sudden knock on the door interrupting my thoughts.

"Are you just training alone?" Lisa asked, peeking from the doors of the training room that I was in.

This was one of the few times I got to see Lisa in a nightgown. I had been sleeping alone which honestly is much more comfortable. She was adorned in a dark black opaque cotton nightgown, again... strangely modest.

"Ermm... Yeah I was just excited about going on my first adventure."

I see a gentle and yet awkward smile on Lisa's face, this time alot less hostile than all the other times. It was going to be my first time actually seeing the world outside, and hopefully under better circumstances.

"Do you remember the very first thing you said when you met me?"

Firm heavy footsteps in sandals echoed through the white training halls as Lisa walked up to me with her hands behind her back.

"That I wanted to be an adventurer?"

Lisa chuckles a bit.

"Oh yeah, I forgot that WAS the first thing you said huh... I was actually talking about when you said you wanted to go on adventures with me."

I wonder what she thinks happened when we first met...

"Anyway, ever since our matrimony, I have been... Hesitant to provide you with your wish. Especially since it means that I would have to let you have a bit of your freedom."

There was a glow on each doorway and window in this castle that matches the glow on the ring I was forced to wear. Yes, the same cursed ring.

She speaks again with a sad expression.

"But... I had been a selfish lover... And I recognised the depths of my selfishness on the first night of our honeymoon."

I have been actively trying to forget our first night together. I think I have forgotten most of it.