Chapter 3: Questions of a Curious Mind

Zacznij od początku

.

.

It was easy to determine that the L/n family and the Akashi family were going to be close family friends to each other after a well-flowed dinner. 

They were all home by eleven pm, Y/n's parents were already asleep as well as Haruchiyo's siblings. While Souta is still awake with Y/n who was looking through the recent business files. 

Haruchiyo on the other hand was sitting on a small hammock chair in their backyard, simply enjoying the peace that the quiet cold night brought. 

"You should rest Souta, it's late" Y/n urged. 

"You should be the one resting," He answered. "You're the head of the company, I'm a mere secretary," 

Y/n looked at him with a frown. "What do you mean by that?" She paused. "Souta, you're just as important as everybody in this business," 

She then pushed him out her office door. "Now, as your boss, and very caring friend, I want you to take a rest. And no buts," 

Souta knew he had no chance of winning against her, so he sighed and faced her. "Alright, I'll rest, good night Y/n," 

"Good night," She replied before they parted. 

A few hours passed, and Y/n was now sitting beside the window with her laptop on her thighs. She was already done with work, she was just currently looking through old photos saved on her drive.

Photos that hold precious moments as well as bitter memories. 

Y/n hadn't noticed that the window beside hers was lit by a soft light where Haruchiyo now stayed.

Haruchiyo saw that Y/n was still awake when he entered his home office, he didn't mean to stare but he got curious as to why she looked so spaced out. 

He had no idea why he felt like he needed to do something than just leave her alone, maybe it was worry that pushed him to open a panel of his window to call her name. 

Y/n could hear him faintly, but it took her a while to realize she was being called. She turned to her side to look out her window to see Haruchiyo sitting and leaning by his window. 

She closed her laptop and opened her window as well. "What are you doing still awake?" She asks. 

He shrugged. "Can't sleep, I can feel you sulk from all the way here," He half-joked. 

With a slight smile, she scoffed. "I apologize Mr. Celebrity for ruining your beauty sleep," She retorted making him smile as well. 

"How about you? What's keeping you up?" He returned the question. 

"Work," She lied without missing a beat. 

He just stared at her for a moment before letting out a quiet breath. "Can I keep you company?" He asked, hiding the fact that he was shocked by his own words. 

She leaned closer to her window. "Sure, but I need you to answer one question," 

"Okay, what is it?" 

"What's really keeping you up?" 

He rested his elbow and then laid his chin on his arms. "I'm not sure," He answered. "I just can't sleep," 

"Hmm, maybe it's me who should keep you company?" She chuckled, and Haru smiled when she did. "Are you always losing sleep? or is it just today?" Y/n asked.