Day 7, Part 2

The Bank of England - It is the central bank of the United Kingdom and the model on which most modern central banks have been based. Established in 1694 to act as the English Government's banker, and still one of the bankers for the Government of the United Kingdom, it is the world's eighth-oldest bank. -"BoE"

---

I knoooow it's been a LONG time since I've updated, but I've made a New Year's resolution to get back into my passions, do what makes me happy. One of those things is writing, and I started rereading my unfinished stories. As I did so, the inspiration came back to me. 

I am sooo happy about it, and this chapter is around 7k, so I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it x

It's good to be backkk!! And thank you for your patience with this

Let me know your thoughts throughout the chapters (I've also checked comments on the past chapters and honestly they crack me up I LOVE THEM I LOVE U) :D

Happy reading :)

---

Previously on Chapter 9 (Day 7, Part 1):

Day 7 – 153 hours into the heist (Wednesday, December 26th, 9:40pm)

Eleanor's men and the rest of their associates were asked to go and wait inside the same room as Harry and Niall, supervised by Hailee, so they couldn't see where the end of the tunnel lead to. Nick and Liam were assigned to stand by the armory and make sure Simon doesn't try to blow something up, while Eleanor was with the Chemist, counting all the money that was coming through. The rest of them have been transferring money bags and gold for the past two hours through the tunnel. They're nearly done, when they hear an explosion above, coming from the basement. Then, persisting shots.

"What was that?!" Louis asks, arms already numb from carrying the money.

"This bitch Cowell tried to blow up the door and is using another machine gun now!" Nick yells.

"Fuck!" Louis screams, and hurries to pass along what's left of the money bags dropped down in the tunnel. "We have some bags left Mercury! What did you do?"

"He didn't do anything. Simon got tired of tantalizing us and us not responding so he threw a grenade he found to open the door. I think he's wondering why the army hasn't come in yet." Liam chips in.

Louis stands still for a moment, trying to listen to any sounds he can hear so he can assess the situation. The shooting has stopped, but the silence is eerie, not helpful at all.

"What's happening?" Louis asks.

"He stopped. I removed the brick from the hole so I can see inside." Liam replies. "It's very smokey, I can't see anything."

"Take your head out before you get shot, Iron."

"Hydrogen, I just heard something through the device we planted on the detective. They're going to send the army in."

Louis freezes on the spot and sees Zayn do the same from about twenty meters away where he is also carrying money bags towards the drop-off.

"Are you sure?"

"They heard an explosion."

"How long until they come in? How would they even come in?"

Stupid question.

"If we seal off all entries into the bank, how would the army even come in?" Gigi asks during the last week in Brentwood.

The Chemist points at her. "Yes."