𝐢.

Gandalf led his company through the forest, bending low for the branches that tried to take his beloved hat from him.

But that didn't wipe the grin growing on his lips. He was leading the Dwarves to a clearing in the moonlight forest. He knew they would like what he had found there. Well, at least some of them. Thorin differently wouldn't. "is it much-left master Gandalf?" asked Bilbo walking at a brisker pace to keep up with his old friend.

"no, not much now, Bilbo. She shall be round here, I promise," he said and shoved aside some ferns before his smile widened even more. The moonlight clearing was as beautiful as he remembered. and there in the middle was something white, something that looked like a shard of the moon herself.

He lit his staff in a motion that meant 'stop and wait for my signal.' The dwarves did as told while the grey wizard walked forth through teh undergrowth and stopped at the place where the moonlight hit the clearing.

He let out a single whistle that cut through the eerie silence. The mound of white started to move, a low wail slithering into the air. The groggy beast slowly raises its head. Details reveal themselves slowly -- a sleek and smooth creature with long folded wings, feline features, and --even in the dark -- iridescent scales of pure white.

The white dragon slowly turns to face Gandalf. Piercing blue eyes lock upon him. Her head is smooth and elegant -- strikingly similar to a dragon long since forgotten. Two stubby ear plates lay folded back.

Gandalf smiled, dipping his head at his old friend. "Gandalf?" the dragon purrs, her eyes growing wide, her pupils dilating. Before a shriek of wail tumbled out of her throat, the white dragon stood up, tackling the grey wizard and making teh Dwarves grow alert again. The two laughs as she licks the old man's face. "oh, Gandalf, it is you!" the dragon yelps, wings curling around Gandalf in a draconic hug.

Gandalf chuckles, hugging the dragon's back. The two lay there for a while, just smiling before the white dragon stood up and pulled back "how are you, my old friend?" she crooned as the wizard stood dusting himself off. "I'm as fine as I can be, Luna. I want to introduce you to some of my new and old friends. Thorin comes forth," he called over his shoulder. The dragon, now known as Luna, tilted her head at the short two legs waddling through the shrubs and udnergourht.

Their weapons are drawn, and their faces hold fear. It made the white Fury let out a purr of reassurance. "It's okay," she says, smiling a toothless smile. The Dwarves look at each other but don't put down their guards or weapons. Bilbo is the first to leave the protective circle his friends made.

Luna tilts her head down to the small being, her eyes seahxcign him. "stretch forth your hand, Bilbo," Gandalf advises. The hobbit gulps down his salvia, swallowing his fear, and does as the wizard tells him. Luna corks as she looks at the outstretched hand and turned face of Bilbo.

Her nares flare, and she slowly puts her snout to the smooth hand of Bilbo. The hobbit gasped a bit at the contact and peeled open his eyes letting out a breath of disbelief.

This is a feared dragon, a Fury nonetheless. The little hobbit has read about them in a book his granduncle got for him on one of his adventures. he never thought they existed since there was so little about them.

But one is standing right before him, and he gained its trust. Luna snorts as she turns away before looking at Gandalf "those yours?" he flicks her wing to the dwarves still hiding beneath the trees.

He nods and beckons them forth again. This time Thorin is the one to step first, and he lifts his head as he stares at the dragons. She gurgles, her pupils dilating. "the great king of the mountain," she mutters before scrunching up her snout.

"you are a dwarf. Huh, I thought you would be a dragon. But the world is changed, hasn't it?" she said, smiling a bit. Gandalf chuckles. "It has, my dear friend. Now thorin would like me to ask you something" the dwarf gave Gandalf a look, but the wizard returned it.

The Dwarf sighs and sealthes his word "luna..?" he trails off, having heard the wizard use the mae, but he didn't know if it were here. But the dragon nods a smile spreading her muzzle before she sits on her hind legs.

"Will you join us on this mission and help us defeat the dragon Smaug?"

~ ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ ~