"Just leave me alone, okay?" She backed her body away, her confidence faltering.

"Gladly." He inhaled smoke once more before he reached his hand out, "you look like you need it."

Nicole was hesitant to accept the burning stick day in the boys hand, but he was right. She needed some source of stress relief, so she took it. Her lips wrapped around the end of the cigarette as she inhaled, the nicotine somewhat easing how tense she had been.

"See you 'round, Moore." Billy turned on his heel and began his way back toward his own residence.

Nicole was beyond confused at the encounter she just witnessed. One day he's telling her to stay away, and the next he's approaching her as if he never suggested such a thing. The girl finished the cigarette just in time for her father to pull into the driveway. She was sure not to breathe in his direction as they greeted each other, and quickly rushed into her room to change her clothes when given the chance.

The rest of the night was slow and uneventful, except the slight sound of shouts from down the street. Nicole stared out of her window as she heard a front door slam. She'd already been residing in the window sill, taking long drags out of the pipe her parents had no clue about. Billy smelt the familiar smell, and looked around before he saw a singular window was illuminated with light. There was a silhouette sat in the window, and smoke was flowing through the air at a peaceful rate.

Nicole noticed the boys newfound interest, and held her pipe up hoping he'd catch a glimpse. She wasn't sure what just happened, but she was almost certain that the shouting was coming from that lonesome house. The street had been eerily quiet since she was a kid, so unless new neighbors somehow popped up in one of the surrounding houses, it had to be the Hargrove residence.

Billy paused for a moment, thinking about what to do. With a huff, he succumbed to the urges that flowed through his body and stalked toward the only house with a light on. His body weaves through the bushes that lined the Moore property, until he found himself on the side of the home.

"Hello, neighbor." Nicole's eyes were squinted as she let out a small giggle, trapping the rest behind her lip that she pulled into her mouth.

"You're stoned." Billy shook his head, disapprovingly.

"Yeah, and you wanna be." She taunted, lightly shaking the pipe in front of his face.

Billy sighed, rolling his head into his shoulder, "can I sit?"

"Yeah, yeah. Just be quiet. My parents would flip if they saw me smoking weed with a boy." Nicole shimmied over to create space for the Hargrove boy.

With ease, he hoisted his body up and into the window sill, with little to no noise. He made sure he was comfortable before taking the pipe and a lighter from the blonde girl next to him. He couldn't help but take in her appearance, deciding that she looked comfortable. Her blonde hair was thrown up into a neat, yet messy bun, she wore black plaid pajama pants and a plain white crop top that clung to her upper body.

Nicole's tongue was continuously darting out of her mouth, to kick her lips due to the dry mouth she was experiencing. Billy flicked his tongue across his bottom lip before placing the pipe to his mouth and lighting the bowl, inhaling the earthy aroma. He took a few more hits, before handing the piece back to the blonde sat before him. She had already finished smoking, so she placed the small glass figure behind her to put away later.

The pair was quiet, taking in the cold, quiet air. Nicole's favorite time of day was the night, it's when she could be alone with her thoughts and at peace. Billy, too, found himself enjoying the lonesome comfort it brought. Neither knew how to stir up conversation, too high to think of the right words. Nicole's head was tilted back against the window frame, welcoming the cool air that whipped across her sensitive skin.

Billy just sat and watched, wondering how she could be so at peace with all the hell going on in her life. He licked his lips and opened his mouth to speak, only pausing to think of the right words to say.

"What's really up with you and Harrington?" He questioned, after clearing his throat.

"He's my best friend. He always has been. I had no idea Nancy was getting upset by us being close, I feel terrible for not seeing it." She explained, pulling a single leg up to her chest.

"You ever had a thing with him?" Billy stared at her face, genuinely wanting answers.

"No, never," she began, shaking her head, "I mean.. it's dumb. Back in elementary until like- 7th grade I had the biggest thing for him. Like seriously, huge crush. But he- he always got with other girls. I felt so.. invisible? So, I kind of just you know, stopped liking him. It was something I had to grow out of."

"And you don't feel anything like that for him now?" Billy dig deeper.

"No. Not one bit. Steve's got a different view on things than me, he's all about relationships, like can move on so quick. I've never been in a proper one, never had a care to after my poor 12 year old heart was crushed." Nicole laughed, and Billy's lips tugged slightly.

"Why'd this whole rumor thing start?" He ran his hand through his curly locks.

"A boy. His name is Kevin," she began, beginning to play with the hem of her pant leg, "I lost my virginity to him, big whoop. It wasn't even all that great.. but Tom heard about it. Then, Kevin got all upset when I wanted to stop seeing him and I'm not sure. I think they conspired against me."

"Kevin Randal?" Billy's eyes widened, noticing that a Kevin always stuck around Tommy.

The blonde groaned, "yes. Don't remind me."

Billy then laughed, hard.

"No way! There's no way, he's so.." the boy scrunched his face up and Nicole his her face in her hands.

"I know. It was sophomore year, okay. Big mistake."

"Huge," Billy's laughter died down, realizing that it was getting late, "I should go.."

"Yeah.." Nicole cleared her throat, "night."

"Night." He replied as he hopped down from the window sill, making his way back toward his home.

Nicole watched until Billy snuck around the side of 4819 Cherry Lane, and snuck into his own bedroom window. She sighed, shutting her own window and locking it before she turned out her light.

Billy was a confusing character, and she had no idea if she should've been worried. She would find out soon enough.