I finish my grocery shopping and now I'm in my car heading back home, and I know I'm supposed to check on Carter but I was doing something first and my not about to drop everything to check up on him. It's just a cold and he'll live.

Besides I just meditated like forty-five minutes ago, and I really need to settle before I go walking back near that negative energy Carter seems to carry and affect me with.

I put all my groceries away after carrying them up my apartment steps and I even made a little banana and strawberry smoothie and ate some chips with mango salsa.

Checking the time it been about an hour and a half since Astryd call and I start getting up sliding on my slides and grabbing my tote bag.

•••••••

I've been here for fifteen minute and I already want to go home.

First I couldn't find the key for a minute at the front door, but now I'm lost in this damn mansion with a plastic bowl of hot soup— that I'm considering eating my myself.

I huff in frustration opening the eight door since I've gotten here, by the fourth I gave up on knocking all together.

I let out a breath when I finally make it to the room that contained the man with a cold.

As I walk in I realize how different his room was from what I thought it would— not that I put much though I into it. I just assumed he would have a dresser, bed, nightstand, desk, and that's it; everything else would be plain, but I was wrong.

He had posters hung up on his wall, that I could assume were his favorite movies, Transformers being primary franchise. He had a TV hung on the way across from his bed which was to the right of his desk. The desk that had a lamp, a computer, and Transformer action figures.

Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Hound. Those were the only ones I recognized or could remember, but it seems like based off his collection Carter knew all of them.

I walk further into the room setting the soup on the nightstand, "Carver." I wake him up.

"What, women?" He groans.

"Astryd told me to check on you." I said as he opens his eyes glaring at me.

I get a good look at his pale face, red eyes, and his lips were cracked dry. "You look more uglier than usual."

"You've always looked uglier than usual." He said before coughing into his elbow.

I glance down at his nightstand and I take the thermometer for the wooden furniture and going to the bathroom to wash it off.

When I come back I sit on the edge of the bed, "Open." I said.

"Don't tell me what to do." He sniffles glaring at me.

"I'm trying to take your temperature." I said waving him off.

He reluctantly opens his mouth and I place the thin end of the thermometer under his tongue before he closes his mouth.

Seconds later the device beeps and the temperature blinks, "One hundred and one, point two." I read aloud.

"This is all your fault." He coughs.

I was going to respond but I didn't want fall into his trap. I ignore him taking out the soup and a spoon.

"I brought you some mushroom cream soup." I said picking up the container.

"I'm allergic to mushrooms." He saids groggily before coughing.

"Yeah, I know." Before he could say anything I put a spoonful of soup in his mouth.