➛ 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 (🍋)

Começar do início

"Merle?"

He put walkie to his face. "What's up, Tapatio?"

Martinez ignored the usual racist remark and replied.

"Philip wants to move out soon. He'll meet us at the gate."

"All right."

He clipped his radio back on his belt and spoke to the trainees.

"Fun's over, fellas. I'll have to scream at y'all another day."

Y/N sat on one of the benches in the middle of Woodbury's Main Street. He looked at the several people coming in and out of buildings and taking a stroll down the sidewalks.

He was lost in his thoughts for the time being. That was until he heard a voice that snapped him out of it.

"Hey, Forrest."

Y/N turned to his right and saw Liliana. The sun above caused him to squint but smiled at the site of her nonetheless.

"What?" He asked about the name.

"Like Forrest Gump. The way you've been sitting here and staring out."

"Oh." He laughed. "I hate to admit it but...I haven't seen that movie yet."

"You're kidding."

"I know. I'm a terrible person."

"No wonder you looked at me like I said something stupid."

Y/N and her laughed

Y/N and her laughed. She put her hands in her pockets and gestured down the road with a bob of her head.

"Walk with me?"

He nodded and got up from the bench. Y/N and Liliana started walking side by side down the street.

"Training got done early?" She asked, knowing that he had chosen to be taught some firearm lessons.

"Yeah. That's why I was just sitting there. Had a routine the last couple of days and the early dismissal threw me off." He replied. "I've followed them for years now. Routines are what made my day."

"You had a checklist and everything?"

Y/N snickered as he thought back at life before the outbreak.

"You could say that. Wake up. Work out. Shower. Eat. Train. And those were often off days. Did other things when it was game day."

"And how would you say it changed after...you know...the dead started rising?"

"Nowadays, simply waking up is already a win. I still work out. Showering was kinda up in the air until recently. Eating as well. Man...I miss omelets."

Liliana chucked. "Shouldn't be that hard to make. Erica and I have a stove. We can get the right ingredients."

He looked at her. "Are you offering to make me breakfast, Lili?"