𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"hey, i heard your hard work and perseverance have paid off by shizuku-san. congrats, boss!" Mai Hayakawa greeted encouragingly making y/n sweat drop and smile with quick pleasure at being praised, "ah, thanks a lot mai. but, boss...?" sensing the confusion written on her face, mai adjusted herself politely to answer the question.

"oh, you didn't know? shizuku-san told us earlier to call you as our boss now."

"ehh, why?"

"'cuz you finally bear a high title in this company, duh. isn't it obvious?" mai scoffed, "man, now i'm jealous! just what kind of foods did you eat to become stronger?!" the moment turned awkward when she said that all of a sudden, and y/n could simply chuckle in return.

"stop calling me that, mai. we're literally in the same age so no need to be polite."

"respectfully speaking, don't tell me what to do boss." mai shrugged as she smiled fondly, "oh, right! if you don't mind me asking, how's it going with satou ryusei now?"

"...what's this got to do with him all of a sudden?"

"well, i just wanna know 'cuz you two seemed to finally get along well hehe."

"as usual, he's still a cocky bastard. can't even take a break 'cuz of him."

"ow, must be such a hassle huh.."

"exactly."

"then... what're you going to do with him now that you finally accomplished your task, boss?" for a moment y/n was left flabbergasted by the arousing unexpected question she gave her as she pondered, 'what is it...?' "...honestly, i... don't really know. none came to mind."

Mai glanced over and noticed the change in her boss' aura, as it aroused her suspicions. "wait a minute- you don't tell me!?" she gasped in shock, intrigued by the sudden thought of her boss having romantic feelings toward someone which is incredibly rare for her.

While giving her a deadpan look y/n shrugged, "nah, ryusei likes himself too much for that, trust me." she said, "bold of you to assume i'd ever have feelings for that jerk when the only feeling i have for him is wanting to push him off of a cliff!"

"aww my boss have a crush on satou, that's so cute!♡"

"gross"

"ok, don't mind if i steal him from you then~"

"THANK GOD"

"damn, boss. at least appreciate that i'm giving you hope! are you playing hard to get now or what??" mai deadpanned.

"it seems so," y/n scoffed, "and no, you don't have to 'cuz it will be impracticable anyway."

"...and you still believe in the impossible 'til now?" making the girl sweat drop, and somehow she was opposed to the sight of her boss being deluded at once, to the point that it's sad. Mai sighed, "y'know, you don't have to force yourself like that. it's a bad habit,"

"i know getting hurt is normal, it's a part of life. but how much more can you endure? it's more like you don't want to endure any more pain, right?"

"it just comes naturally to express how we feel, 'cuz we have the rights for it. but, you don't always need a spark to know that you like the person 'cuz you will suddenly feel that you are in love. your eyes literally says it all that you like him, y/n."

"and that's where the true love starts, there will be challenges to your relationship even if they're our rivals. none of that really mattered once you finally reached to the point that fate indeed exists. i gotta tell you, don't let go unless you wanna regret it." mai hypothesized smoothly and noticed y/n's attention, hoping her boss would understand even if it's just a little bit.