"Why are you so precious?" I asked, looking her up and down.

She grinned. "Thanks, babes."

"What am I? A bag of asparagus?" another posh accent chimed. I glanced over, meeting beautiful brown eyes.

"'Course you're not, babes." El patted Danielle's cheek lovingly.

"I've missed you two," I said, walking past them and further into the makeup room. Lou's rooms were always massive. Large mirrors with big, vintage-looking light bulbs lit up the entire area. Scented candles, I think they were vanilaa, were lying here and there.

The boys were each seated at seperate tables, being worked on by Lou's assistants. Caroline was absent, probably running around getting their extra outfits for tonight's show. Ariana waved me over, so I made myself comfortable beside her on the couch.

"Perrie couldn't make it." Danielle frowned down at her phone. "Little Mix has a gig tomorrow night, so they need loads of rest. Plus, they're halfway across the country."

"Ana, I need your opinion. Does Zayn look good?" Lou spun Zayn's chair around to make him face me.

He pulled the shmolder face, which made me giggle. "Flawless, as always," I said truthfully. Lou always made the boys look absolutely amazing before the shows. Even if they did end up sweaty and gross, she still took pride in what she did.

"A fan told me they wanted to make out with me," I informed our group. Quite a few pairs of eyes chimed over in my direction.

Danielle's eyes glistened. "Was he cute?"

I smirked. "She was adorable."

Lou, Ariana, Dani, El, Louis, and Harry suddenly started laughing their heads off. A few of the stylists let out annoyed grunts as they tried to keep the boys still so they could finish off their hair.

"Adorable like 9-year-old adorable?" El questioned, placing her manicured hand gently on my bare knee.

"No. Adorable like 16-year-old adorable. Lez be honest!"

"Boys, onstage in four!" someone yelled from the hallway. Those few words created even more choas in the boys. The stylists' finished up with one final coat of hairspray, then the boys all muttered goodbyes and rushed for the stage.

"Good luck, I love you!" Danielle shouted down the hall as the guys shuffled towards the stage.

"Love you more!" Liam yelled back at her. Her cheeks were hidden in light pink blush, but I could tell instantly that she was blushing. They had always been incredibly romantic with each other. I wish I had a relationship like that.

Lou clapped her hands together and sighed. "Those boys are so much work."

Ariana, Lou, Danielle, and El all engaged themselves in light conversation, but I kept quiet. My work at hiding the mark was working so far; hopefully they would never know.

***

The concert was flawless, as always. Everything about it was so much fun. From Liam hitting Harry in the balls with his microphone, to Zayn ordering Louis to give him a piggy back around the stage. It was just the boys being themselves, which is entertaining to everyone.

As the fans filed their way out of the arena, the boys split up to take showers in their own dressing rooms. Danielle watched the telly in Liam's, Eleanor and Ariana took a power nap at Louis' and Harry's, and I snuck into Niall's.

The water was running and a thin layer of mist was resting in the cozy bathroom as I stepped in, closing the door behind me.

"It's me," I called out above the steady hum of the water.