Chapter 3

Mr. Palmer was giving Kenny and his classmates a tour of West Valley High.

"As you can see, the West Valley High campus is a lot larger than the middle school, and when you become a freshman next year, you'll have access to some amazing facilities. Our science lab is state-of-the-art. Well, at least it was." Mr. Palmer said.

"Did it get destroyed in the fight?" One of Kenny's classmates asked.

"Uh...No. The district required us to remove anything that could potentially be used as a weapon in the event of another karate incident. Um...The cafeteria is this way. There actually was a fight there, so it got ruined, but..." Mr. Palmer trailed off.

"Hey, new kid, what do you think?" Lia asked Kenny.

"Me? What?" Kenny asked.

"The high school? I heard it's haunted. Do you think that's true?" Lia asked.

"Oh! Oh, definitely. Yeah. Uh...Actually, I died five years ago." Kenny said.

Lia chuckled. "Well, ghost boy, you have strawberry on your snake shirt."

"You've been letting me walk around like this?" Kenny asked.

"At first, I thought it was part of the evil-looking design, then I realized you're just a slob." Lia said.

"Oh." Kenny said.

"Don't worry, though. Nobody else can see you, right?" Lia asked.

Kenny walked into the bathroom and began to clean himself up.

Bert and Nathaniel entered the bathroom.

"I'm telling you, we had a moment." Nathaniel said.

"Bullshit. No way is Lexi DiMarco going out with you. She's a junior." Bert said.

"I know. She's a total J.I.L.F." Nathaniel said.

"What's that?" Bert asked.

"J.I.L.F. Junior I'd like to..." Nathaniel trailed off.

Bert and Nathaniel noticed Kenny.

"Whoa! It looks like someone's a little lost." Bert said.

"Yeah. What makes you think you can wear a shirt like that here?" Nathaniel asked.

"It...It's from my dojo." Kenny said.

Bert laughed. "Maybe they started a kindergarten class."

Nathaniel laughed. "Or a nursery."

Kenny was reminded of Kyler. He was about to attack Bert and Nathaniel, but Hawk pinned him to a stall door.

"Thinking about striking first, huh?" Hawk asked.

"Yeah." Kenny said.

"Word of advice, kid. Get out of Cobra Kai while you still can, 'cause they're about to go down, and it's not going to be pretty." Hawk said.

Hawk let go of Kenny.

Hawk walked away. Nathaniel followed him.

Bert intentionally bumped Kenny's shoulder with his own shoulder as he walked away.

Bert laughed. "Weako. I think he's going to cry!"

At the Miyagi-Do dojo, Miguel led the Eagle Fang students alongside Daniel. Although he tried to focus on training the Miyagi-Do students, Johnny could not help being distracted by Miguel's interactions with Daniel, leading him to drop his guard and allow Demetri to kick him in the face. In retaliation, Johnny bound Demetri with duct tape and a couch cushion and made him act as a punching bag for the rest of the students. Hoping to reconnect with Miguel, Johnny invited him over for dinner after training. Miguel told him that he and Daniel were going to finish Carmen's car. Upon hearing Miguel address Daniel as "Sensei", Johnny looked resentful.