Chapter 3

Jayce Harris
Days later

That following morning Jayce was sleeping peacefully until a weird smell woke him up

That following morning Jayce was sleeping peacefully until a weird smell woke him up. He rubbed his eyes and grabbed his phone looking at the time. He stretched his long legs before getting out of bed.

As he went downstairs he covered his nose wondering what Emilia was cooking. "Emilia!" He called as his deep voice echoed through the house.

"Yea?" She responded.

"What the fuck is that?" He asked going to the kitchen seeing she was making a complete mess like a toddler. "Bro what are you doing?" He asked becoming annoyed.

"Calm down, I'm just making this recipe I saw online. Stir fry with beets. It looked so good plus it's vegan friendly." She said.

"Why you cooked so much?" He asked hoping she didn't make him any.

"For me and you." She said in a duh tone. She watched as his facial expressions go from confused to disgusted. She became upset knowing he wasn't going to try her new recipe. "Babe we supposed to be doing this vegan thing together. Last night you ate a whole steak in front front of me."

"Emilia you can't control what I eat. I never agreed to do anything vegan. I respect you on your journey or whatever but that shit is not me. Whatever the hell you cooking stank as fuck for real." He side eye her. "You can't be cooking shit like that in here. You can do that at your house."

She her frowned turned into a pout. She hated when Jayce was so nonchalant and blunt even though he wasn't trying to be. "Emilia I'm just being honest instead of lying to you. I don't want that."

"You literally never give me a chance." She rolled her eyes. "Every time I try to do something good for us, you always act like you hate to try new stuff."

"I like to try new shit, just not that." He said. "Look I'm not trying to hurt your feelings on purpose." He grabbed her hand. "I'm not eating that."

She rolled her eyes snatching her hand away. "Ok fine." She said shrugging her shoulders turning her back. He waved her off going in the fridge grabbing a Gatorade to quench his thirst. He covered his nose with his shirt walking out the kitchen

"Man you should've been at that party last night." Calvin spoke. "50 know how to throw a party for real. He even asked where you was at."

"I seen y'all story. It looked ight." He chuckled taking a seat on the sofa. "It looked like a lot of people."

"Man it was. Don't get me started on when everyone was trying to leave." Nash rolled his eyes. "People act like they can't drive and shit. That part of the night pissed me off."