Chapter 7- Jelly, jelly

Lunch time.

"Oh my God, I'm starving!" Wendy exclaimed as she and Mina exited the gymnasium. "I hate going to the gym before lunch," she continued.

Mina, on the other hand, remained silent before speaking to her friend.

"Well, I can't say I can relate, but I'd be bringing my own lunch for a while now."

Silence~

Wendy was surprised because they always eat and buy their lunches at the school cafeteria.

"Okay? But since when did you make your own every day?" She asked, "Can you make one for me too? It won't take much effort." She even joked, which elicited an instant 'no' from the Japanese.

"Yeah, I thought so," Wendy said, laughing a little.

It's not that Mina can't do it; it's just that she's already making lunch for two people, including herself, and that's more than enough.

She simply lacks the will to prepare and feed others other than Y/N.

As Mina and Wendy were walking towards their classroom, an unexpected occurrence happened:

She and Momo crossed paths.

The two Japanese made brief eye contact and bowed at each other before awkwardly exchanging hello.

Seconds later.

Wendy made sure Momo was gone before turning to face Mina and interrogating her.

She was astonished for the second time and didn't know that the two knew each other considering Mina's temperament, "Do you know Hirai Momo?!" She asked.

Mina kept her poker face on before responding with another question, "Do you?"

"Of course I do!" Wendy exclaimed, "She's the dancing prodigy of our school's dance club, she won various dancing competitions, and she might even get scouted to become an idol!"

"She goes to the gymnasium every day and never misses practices, and she's very likeable; she's toned and beautiful as well." Wendy puts her hand on Mina's shoulder before speaking again, "Mina, you're just as beautiful as her."

When Mina heard this, she was confused because something within her awoke.

She kept her poker face and glanced at Wendy before responding, "You don't need to console me like that, Wendy," and then walked away, leaving her behind.

Wendy scratched her head in confusion because she thought Mina's response to her innocuous comment was odd.

For the first time, The Japanese felt a foreign feeling she had never felt before while walking.

Is this what they call jealousy? But why?

Moments with Y/N flash back as she remembers her meeting with Momo earlier.

"Yeah, I must be losing my mind," Mina remarked, quickening her pace.

-

Cafeteria

As students from various grades crowded the establishment, the once tranquil cafeteria was overrun with loud noises.

Momo along with her friends, Seulgi, Lisa, Kai, and Hoshi from the dance club that she was in was seated at one big table. They were discussing dance terminologies and trends as usual when they noticed Momo was awfully quiet. Too quiet for them, because she's normally the one with a lot to say about dance.

"Momo, you good?" Seulgi asked.

Hearing this, Momo snapped back at reality. "I'm fine," she replied, but her friends weren't convinced at all. They know something was going on.