Chapter 6- Childhood friend?

The next morning, Y/N wakes up minutes before her alarm for the first time. This was because she couldn't believe what she had dreamed.

She sat on her bed and covered her blushing face with her palms before going downstairs.

"I must be going insane dreaming about living with another girl," she remarked. "How cringy of me," she added as she descended downstairs and went straight to the kitchen.

When she opened the kitchen door, she was immediately greeted by Mina, who seemed to be preparing something. "Oh, you're finally up." The girl said.

Y/n was at a loss for words.

Right! she wasn't dreaming at all!

She remembered everything!

So, in her morning voice, she said Good morning to the Japanese.

Was Y/N imagining things when she noticed Mina's ears turn a little red before regaining her composure?

In any case, she simply shrugged it off.

"Wow! you're really making breakfast and lunch for us!" Y/N exclaimed as she got a better look at what Mina was up to.

"Well, I did make a promise to you," Mina responded as she meticulously decorated their lunch boxes.

Her response made Y/N happy in some way. Well, too happy, to say the least, because hearing those words from Mina caused her heart to skip a beat. Which she should not be feeling! So she immediately changed the subject.

"I didn't expect you to be an early riser, Mina," she said, expecting Mina's blunt response, which she did receive.

"Yeah, because you're just a slouch."

ouch! a critical hit! But, all kidding aside, Mina appeared extremely exhausted when she arrived home last night. The girl apparently cleaned up her flooded apartment, did all of her laundry at the laundromat, and even worked a part-time job at night. And now, she's currently preparing breakfast and lunch for them. Y/N truly believed Mina would be late for school.

Her train of thought was interrupted when Mina spoke to her. "Y/N, do you eat breakfast?"

"hmm," she replied, nodding.

"Got it, I'll get something ready quickly," Mina said.

"Thank you, Mom," Y/N responded jokingly, and Mina, to her surprise, went along with her. "You're more than welcome, child."

-

"Here you go," Mina said as she placed two freshly made egg benedicts on Y/N's plate.

"Thank you for the food!" Y/N exclaimed as she took a bite. (She got teary-eyed seconds later because the food was so delicious. She hadn't had breakfast like this in a long time because she's living on her own now and is a terrible cook.)

While she was busy savoring the food Mina had prepared for her, she noticed that the Japanese seemed to be looking for something in her bag. "huh? I don't have my gym clothes." Mina said.

Y/N paused her eating for a moment to assist Mina in remembering. "You hung it on the drying rack last night," she said coolly, which Mina appreciated.

"Ah, you're right, thanks," Mina responded, and as she was about to leave to get her gym clothes, she asked Y/N for a favor.

"Do you mind putting the lunch in my bag?" she asked, to which Y/N said she didn't mind at all. I mean, she'll get free lunches and delicious breakfasts from now on. This is a good life in its own right.