➶ Highschool in Jakarda➶

(( btw: ''(Y/N)'' = MOA. Enjoy the first chapter!))

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Chapter 1

Deep within a forest, monsters lay.

Five boys lurk, awaiting their next victim...

——

Moa yawned, sitting on top of a large blanket. It was 5:54 in the morning. She sighed, she had spent another night studying for her finals again. Moa bit her lip, thinking about how she had to stop this bad habit of hers.

Why had she been pulling all-nighters? She had good grades, outstanding even! But still, why couldn't she shake that looming feeling that she was going to mess everything up...

But even with that thought, she sighed, pulling her blanket over her body, allowing herself a few hours of sleep before she heaved herself up and dragged herself into the the living room. Moa approached the rather nice kitchen, making her way to the fridge.

She tilted her head, her odd eyes scanning the fridge's inside.

''...What to eat...'' Moa murmured quietly before her eyes landed on a pack of bacon. She smiled, humming to herself as she grabbed the bacon from the fridge and prepared a pan for cooking. She checked the rice cooker if there had been any rice in it.

''Moa!'' Someone called. She turned around, smiling brightly at her roommate.

''G'morning, Aera!'' Moa greeted, locking eyes with her beloved roommate and friend: Aera.

Moa gestured to the bacon beside the pan, beckoning Aera over to help her cook. They mindlessly babbled with each other, preparing the table to eat before they went out to their school.

—-

Moa rested her head on her hand, letting out a small groan. It seems she needed at least a few more hours to sleep before she can function properly. Moa trailed her eyes to the book in front of her, disinterestedly scanning over the pages as she read. She supposed 'The Catcher in the Rye' was interesting but she longed to go back home and catch up on her own reading.

She wasn't listening to anything the teacher was saying as something caught her eye. A newspaper clipping. Moa read the heading:

''Another victim missing in the town of Piuikkoch. Townspeople blame it on the monsters in the forest.''

Another newspaper clipping read:

''Police claim to have not seen anything in the woods. They suggest checking the mental stability of the townsfolk.''

Moa squinted, the cogs in her brain turning. She had always loved anything that had some sort of abnormal property. 'Harry Potter' was a great example of that. She smiled, remembering her awkward pre-teen years. Moa also had a great interest in mysteries; she loved trying to string all the clues together to make a story, she loved finding hidden details in every story-based game, and she loved finding answers to her questions.

When Moa had read those newspaper clippings, she had a bit of an idea of where she was going after graduation. She smirked to herself, confident that she could possibly solve what was happening in that strange town west of her own.

Moa was a curious cat; she just hoped it wouldn't kill her.

''Moa, can you answer the question, please?''

''Ahm... uh...''

—--

''Moa! My baby, we are so proud of you..!''