013

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

NETEYAM

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

NETEYAM ROLLED HIS NECK as he walked through the sand, his braids swinging into his face. The day was a calm one, the sound of. The water echoing in his ears in an almost comforting way. Metkayina wasn't home, and it likely wouldn't ever be, but he could come to enjoy living so peacefully.

Tsa'tvayi being there certainly helped.

He hadn't understood the girl at first, not really. She was beautiful, the most beautiful na'vi he had ever encountered, and she was so unbelievably kind, that Neteyam figured she was too good to be true.

And she was too good to be true. Everyday he laid staring at the ceiling of their new 'home' and prayed to eywa that she wasn't a figment of his imagination. Everyday he woke and saw her bright smile as she bonded with his family.

Tsa'tvayi was so careful with Tuk, every movement and word measured as if his younger sister was the most important thing in the girl's life. It warmed his heart, to see someone treating his family like he wished they could always be treated. The all deserved better he knew, Kiri and Lo'ak, Tuk and their mom and dad. He wished he could snap his fingers or rub a lamp like in the stories his dad used to tell him during the night.

His dad didn't tell him stories anymore, just reminded him of how Neteyam needed to protect his siblings at all times and shamed him when he failed. Except, Neteyam was so ashamed of himself every moment of the day; every time he saw the sadness in Lo'ak's eyes or the emptiness in Kiri's, it hurt.

Tsa'tvayi was making it better though, Lo'ak was smiling again, his laughter echoing in their pod. Kiri was practically living in the water and Tuk had become obsessed with making bracelets, Neteyam's own arm covered with all of the ones shed made for him- even the ones that looked like a large seaweed knot.

His family was happier, and it wouldn't be long before they started feeling that Metkayina was their home. Neteyam would just keep shoving away the longing he felt for the trees and pretend the water felt right.

He was startled out of his thoughts by Kiri's voice. "Leave us alone," His sister yelled, Neteyam narrowing his eyes as Ao'nung surged forward and tried to grip at her tail.

He could see Tsa'tvayi standing defensively in front of Kiri, her lips pulled back into a snarl as Ao'nung's friends bothered Lo'ak.

Tsa'tvayi reached for Lo'ak and pulled him behind her, fury swelling inside of Neteyam as he stalked to the group, a glare on his face.

"You heard what she said," he hissed, his voice low as he shoved Ao'nung away from the trio and pressed a finger against his chest. "Leave them alone."

He could feel his ears pulled back and knew his fangs were exposed as he sneed at the Olo'eyktan's son. Briefly, he wondered would upset his father would be, before deciding it was worth it.