Chapter One: Well, this is getting annoying... Wait who is that?

It’s been a day since Spinel’s historic victory (That’s what she calls it anyway) over the crystal gems and since she acquired the gem of her most hated member of the team and to be honest, she is anxious, she almost feels like a fool. She had gotten better at fighting thanks to years of hunting down corrupted gems, but she was going to have to deal with the greatest warrior gem-kind had ever seen.

‘Rose…’  Saying the name brought chills all over her body. She had been the only gem to ever to completely dominate her in combat, she is lucky to be here today. There was a part of her however that was excited over their potential rematch, she was confident that she could squeak out a win and she wouldn’t be as merciful as Rose had been towards her…

Spinel found herself on her knees, hands harshly grasping at the humid soil beneath her, unable to look from the embarrassment of having been beaten by the gem that had taken everything away from her. She thought on how the universe was so cruel that it let this happen to her, this should have ended to her favor, she had defeated the others but couldn’t finish the job fully.

She could hear the other’s heavy footsteps as they drew closer to her, Spinel was just waiting for the other to get it over with. The other stopped right in front of her and Spinel shut her eyes awaiting her inevitable fate, but after a few seconds the other spoke to her.

“Spinel… you must leave…now.” Spinel’s face shot up; a look of confusion plastered on her face. As for Rose, her face looked almost compassionate for the smaller gem.

“I’m giving you another chance, now leave” she said a little angrier, Spinel couldn’t believe it… she was letting her go? She knew that Rose mostly poofed the gems that she knew wouldn’t join her and were a threat during the war, so why was she letting her go of all gems? Something about her aura felt so familiar to her but she couldn’t pinpoint what exactly.

She decided that now was not the time to think about this, so Spinel stood up and looked at the taller gem with a menacing glare before walking away. As she made her way out if the clearing that they were in she looked back to find no one there. This raised her anxiety even more and she darted out of there as fast she could, fearing that Rose was just messing with her but as she got to the warp pad, she realized that she wasn’t being hunted down.

After that she never returned to that beach, unless they crossed her, she would rather be as far away as possible. Though as the years pass, the thought of trying to raid them popped up a few times in her head, but she knew that she wouldn’t be a match for all three.

“But even with one of them down, it’s going to be tough either way…” She said to herself, unconfident in her ability to be able to handle the three remaining. She then looked at the bubbled gem that floated close to the ceiling of the small cabin she had been staying at for a few years now. She couldn’t help but glare up at the pale gem, she hated her almost as much as she hated Rose.

Before she could finish that train of thought, she heard a scream in the distance someone screaming out in gibberish, or another “language” as she has come to know that that’s a thing apparently.