Prologue

Quick A/N: I wrote this a couple years back during COVID quarantine, and I'm not much of a writer but I hope it's enjoyable! There are smut scenes so, warning for that!

The below is just the opening scene of Avengers Age of Ultron to give a little background going into chapter 1, can skip if you want!

"Shit!" Tony flies up to the Hydra base and hits a force field, immediately sending him flying backwards.

"Language! Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?" Steve yells, riding his motorcycle towards the Hydra agents.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken."

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mound this defense without it. At long last." Thor announced.

"'At long last' is lasting a little long boys." Nat replied, fighting off some of the agents that were on foot.

"Yeah, I think we lost the element of surprise."

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language'?"

"I know. It just slipped out. Stark, we really need to get inside."

"I'm closing in. Jarvis, am I...closing in? Do you see a power source for that shield?" Tony asked his AI who promptly took a scan of the building.

"There's a particle wave below the north tower." Jarvis replies.

"Great, I want to poke it with something."

Tony messed with the shield and the defenses dropped. "Drawbridge is down people."

"Clint's hit pretty bad guys. We're gonna need evac." Nat said, leaning down assessing Clint's injuries.

"I can get Barton to the jet. The sooner we're gone the better. You and Stark secure the scepter." Thor said to Steve, flying to Clint and Natasha to get them back to the jet.

"Copy that."

"And for gosh sake, watch your language!"

"That's not going away any time soon."