The girls were sat, as they said, in the changing room chatting away about who knows what. Niamh was the first was to notice me and shot me a smirk before Lucy burst up from her seat, embracing me in a bear hug.

"Ah Lily, where were you? Excited about today? The first match with the academy for you!" I always wondered how every word that came from that girl's mouth always sounded so energetic...
"Hey Isla, I'm good thanks. How are all of you?" I said choosing to only answer the later part of her question. I received several goods and okays accompanied by nods. I could tell everyone was excited, but it was 9 am in the morning and we are all teenagers so yeah!
"Jaqueline told us all to meet out on the pitch with our boots on in 5, we better get going before she makes us run laps again for being late" Lucy said factually yet also annoyingly. We all groaned but agreed and put on our boots before making our way out to the pitch.

It was ffffrrrrreeeeezzzzzzzzzzzziiiinnnnnggggg outside, and I am not over exaggerating (ok, well maybe a little). We did some drills to warm ourselves up before standing in a circle to listen to what Jaqueline had to say,

"Ok girls, so right now we are gonna just focus on some tactics that could help you later on today. I have already pretty much picked my teams from looking at your guys' work at the last few practices, so please don't give 100% just because you think that will alter your chances. Speaking of, not everyone is playing tonight but would you guys like to know the team sheet now or after practice?" She said causing everyone to start chanting "NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW" over and over until she gave in,
"Ok okay, fine I'll tell you now. So starting 11 we have Niamh and Maya up front with Isla as our little weapon for the second half, Harper and Cleo, Jodie and Jessie in Mid, Sophia in goal, and Lucinda, Aria, Penelope and finally Lily in defence" omg I was in the starting line up!!!! I received many congratulations as well as a few dirty looks as we headed onto the pitch to run some tactical drills with those positions in mind. I like playing alongside Lucy I think we worked well and especially with linking with Harper into the midfield area.

After around 2 hours of drills and tactics, we finished our session. It was an easier session as Jaqueline had said earlier on, but I still tried to take everything in so that if needed, I could use it later on. We made our way back to the changing room to get ready for the long bus journey ahead. I put my hair into a comfier style, knowing that I could put it back up just before the match, and also put my football boots in my bag as well as changing my training kit into our 'comfy' joggers which were basically just personalised merchandise. I paired it with my mums' jumper knowing that I needed her to be with me somehow and just prayed that no one would ask questions. My friends and I made our way to the canteen to get some food before the journey (thankfully my mum's team usually just eats in their team room, so I could avoid doing the 'big reveal' on the day of my first match). Food wise I needed up going for a meal that consisted of grilled chicken and vegetables as well as some steamed rice. The chefs at the club were really good, so every time you ate in the canteen it felt like you were at a restaurant; I'm not complaining. Over lunch we discussed the seating arrangements for the coach; I got told that Isla always goes with Harper due to the fact that Harper is the only one that can put up with Isla's voice nonstop for 3 hours, and Lucy offered me a spot next to her so I accepted leaving Niamh in the seat behind us. After we had settled on the arrangements Niamh looked a bit down and went quiet, I didn't think much of it but made a mental note to check up on her later. We carried on talking about the match and the others told me what it was like the last time they played them until we got told we had to leave in 15 mins. I quickly posted on my Instagram story about the match to my 52 followers (and yes about 40 of those are my mums and millies friends) as well as texted my mum to say that we were about to leave and that I would see her later before we went to collect our bags and get on the coach.

 I quickly posted on my Instagram story about the match to my 52 followers (and yes about 40 of those are my mums and millies friends) as well as texted my mum to say that we were about to leave and that I would see her later before we went to col...

The coach was nice, and at the back was a small counter which held some snacks as well as drinks, then opposite was a small toilet. Like we said earlier, I sat next to the window with lucy next to me and then Harper by the window with Isla next to her, finally behind me sat Niamh. Once we were seated I turned around to see Niamh with her eyes fixated on something out of the window, listening to music; I decided to ask Lucy whether something was up with her or whether this was normal.

"Hey Luce, can I ask you something?" I said causing her to shift attention to me rather than Isla.
"Yeah, ask away"
"What's up with Niamh, she seems different since lunch. Has something happened?"
"Yeah, I noticed that too but I can't think of what it's about. Maybe talk to her? You two seem to get on well" I nodded agreeing with her but was left thinking about her last point whilst she went back to her conversation with the others.

The first 45 minutes of the bus journey were spent talking to the group and getting to know them even more. Niamh joined and left the conversation a few times, but I couldn't blame her as all you could hear was Isla's voice. Lucy got up to use the toilet so I took it upon myself to do as she suggested in the conversation that took place a little earlier. I swiftly got up out of my seat and slid down into the seat next Niamh. She turned around and immediately her comptempt face changed, bringing her smile back.

"What ya listening to?" I said pulling out one of her headphones and sticking it into my ear.
"Chris Brown, you like?" I nodded my head before placing it on her shoulder.
"Niamhy, are you alright? You seemed a bit down after lunch." I said carrying on the conversation with my head remaining on her shoulder.
"Lil I am fine I promise. I just want to do good in the match, you know?" I nodded my head in agreement.
"I understand you, I really want to prove to Jaqueline that I am worthy of starting and especially the girls that I have taken that chance from. Plus, you are amazing and such an incredible player, you have nothing to worry about. Trust me" Even though I couldn't see her face, I could tell that she was happy with my response and needed someone to confirm that she was deserving of her place in the starting lineup.
Not wanting to move I asked, "Niamhy can I stay like this for i bit? I am comfy" She happily agreed and repositioned herself so that her body was more in corner of her seat, allowing me to still lean on her shoulder but to also lean into her chest. I must admit it did leave me sitting with red hot cheeks. Plus her music taste is excellent, it was nice.

Whenever I was with Niamh (in particular) it felt like I had known her for months, maybe even years, definitely not just a few weeks. She makes me feel a way I have never felt before with any of my friends. She was an intriguing person that was closed off but it only made me want to learn more and more. And not to mention she was really comfy and gave the best hugs.

We carried on listening to Niamhs playlist that she had put on shuffle but soon enough my eyes fell heavy. I tried my best not to fall asleep on her, but it was too late. Something about her made me manage to put every stressful thought of my life into the back of my head and only focus on one thing and one thing only. Her.

_______________

I thought I would treat you guys with a longer chapter as I don't know when I can next get a chapter out. Does Lily have a crush? I think so! Please let me know whether you like this idea and obviously if you like it, it will be a slow burner due to her age haha. I have some ideas for the next few chapters but after that i am bit stuck, so please give me ideas in the comments or feel free to private message me! I hope you love this chapter as much me! Xxxx