chapter 11

Today is the day of my trail for the U14s Aston Villa girls development squad. I woke early due to the fact that I couldn't sleep as my mind was going through every possible scenario and every emotion.

It was around 6:30 and I was sat on the sofa in the living room scrolling through my phone, when mill waltzed down the stairs. She rubbed her eyes and gave me a confused look.

"Lilsy what are you doing up so early?" She said whilst letting yawns escape her mouth.
"I couldn't sleep so decided to come downstairs and wait for one of you to wake up instead" I said trying not to let my unstable emotions show.
"You could of just come and got us and we would of helped. Talk to me Lilsy?" At this point she had placed herself next to me on the sofa so that I could open up to her in her arms. Both mill and mum had released that I was more likely to open up and speak if I wasn't making eye contact, so this was our solution in most cases.
"It's just a lot to take in! Over a month ago I was living in a some disgusting old home, getting beaten up on a daily basis and only having daisy and football as my escape. Not to mention I had no idea who the hell my mum was! Now I am living the dream life, i know who my mum is and I live with her now, I live in the nicest house with the nicest room and have everything I could of ever dreamed of. Today I have a trial at THE ASTON VILLA development programme. I am friends with, if you can say that, some of my biggest role models ever and two of them happen to be my mums" I let out a big breath at the end letting mill know she could speak.
"Lilsy, I know it must be hard but just speak to us. We are hearing to listen, to give advice and just be there for you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and come into my life - we just won't tell Rachel haha" she said causing us both to laugh.
"But what if I can't do it, what if I crack under the pressure" I said worrying again.
"Do you want to know something?" I nodded my head,
"For a star to shine its brightest it has to burn first" I sat there taking in what mill had just told me, it inspired me.
"Thank you mill, I really appreciate it"
"Anything for you lilsy" she said as she got up to start making breakfast.

I continued to sit scrolling through my phone until my mum came down and joined us. As she entered the room she looked at me confused to why i was downstairs before her. She came round and joined me on the sofa, just as Mill had 30 minutes before.

"Kiddo what are you doing up so early?"
"Couldn't sleep so just came downstairs earlier" I said shrugging my shoulders.
"Ok, fair enough" she said. I knew she could sense something was up, but was thankful that she decided to not push any boundaries.

With that being said, we made our way into the kitchen to get some breakfast. Everyone was quiet whilst eating; mill was stood up scrolling her phone, mum sat at one end of the breakfast bar and I was sat at the other eating my cereal. You could literally cut the tension of awkwardness. Once I was finished with my food, I walked round and placed my bowl in the sink before making my way to exist the room. Me and my mum made eye contact causing me to chuckle but not in a goofy way.

"What was that for?" My mum said in an accusational tone of voice.
"Nothing, nothing wrongs" I said making a loud sigh. Oh gosh, she definitely heard that...
"What is up with you! You are downstairs before me which never happens and then you are dead silent during breakfast instead of your usual chipper self!" She said with her voice changing into a more direct serious voice.
"Sorry for not being able to sleep and then being tired as a result of it!" I said throwing my hands in the air.
"That's not what wrong! I know it, I know you"
"What do you know about me! You know nothing" I yelled before running upstairs, hearing my name being called behind me. Did I go to far?

Rachel's POV

Our first fight...

Lily had run off to her room and I was sat there with my head in my hands. I looked up to see mill stood looking at me.

"What just happened?" I said to her annoyed that me and lily had just had our first argument.
"I don't know, but she has a point babe" she said picking her breakfast to come and claim the seat that my daughter had been sitting in moments before.
"What do you mean by that? Did she say anything to you?"
"You know what I mean by that and yes she did but I am not telling you" she took i deep breath before speaking again, "just speak to her, understand her"
I came round and placed a kiss on her check before my way upstairs to Lily's room.

I loved Millie for many reason. One of the reasons being her understanding; in me, lily and everyone around her. She gives the best advice and views the world in a way that I truly respect. I am glad that lily has her in her life because she is amazing and I am very lucky to her call her mine.

I knocked on Lily's door to see whether she wanted me to come in or just leave her. After given the all clear, I was greeted with her red, glossy eyes. To say it broke my heart is an understatement, knowing I caused that made it 10x worse. I sat down on her bed not sitting too close, assuming she would want some space. Apparently I assumed wrong as she immediately came and cuddle into my side, placing her head on my lap. I stroked her hair and broke the silence.

"Baby girl I am sorry for raising my voice"
"No I am sorry I overstepped" she said trying to stable her shaky voice.
"No you didn't, you are right. I don't know you yet, well at least not fully. I don't know everything about you, but I will. Eventually I will know everything, every little detail. You can tell me everything you want and don't have to tell me anything you don't want. I am still learning this whole thing, so are you and so is mill. But I am here for you and if I am pushing you too much just say, ok?" I said trying not push her anymore.
She replied by giving me a tight squeeze and whispering, "mumma, I love you"
"baby girl I love you with all my heart" I said placing a kiss on her heard, whispering into her ear "just don't tell mill" causing her to laugh.

_______

Sorry for the shorter chapter. I wanted to get something for you guys to read out and I will try and get something bigger out in the next few days! How was everyone's Christmas?  Mine was hectic hence the small upload and then I am going on holiday tmrw, but it was amazing so I am very grateful! Also if you ever need to talk about anything or just wanna chat to escape from life, then my private messages are open! Love you all xxx