Chapter 13: The Scar

Start from the beginning

The kids run, branches scratching at their skin, leaves getting into their vision, the growls of the predator closing in. When Esmyrie see's a hollow tree stump with overgrown roots she instantly dives into it, knowing it isn't big enough for the Predator to fit in. Lo'ak follows her lead, sliding into it and landing onto of the girl in a not so kind manner.

"Sorry, so sorry." Lo'ak whispers, getting off the girl, the growls now being heard just outside where they are hiding.

The Thanator can sense their fear and smell their blood, which is what causes it to dig its claws into the hollow tree. Lo'ak pushes Esmyrie behind him, so he faces the entrance. His hands are shaking and all he has on him is a small dagger, but if it comes in there Lo'ak will try his very best to kill this monster and protect the girl.

During the Thanators attemps to get the Na'vi one of its claws catches Lo'aks skin, digging into it and pulling away, causing the boy to groan out in pain and see blood start to leak from the scatch.

They were hidden in there for an hour, until Nilar and Jake showed up, seeing the Thanator digging for something. When they heard the whimpers of their kids, the two fathers instantly went into attack mode, taking the Thanator down.

The kids got in quite a bit of trouble, neither one being able to be outside of their parents eyesight for a month. Once there talking to was over with, Esmyrie went and visited the Sully's, a cup of tea she made and some leaves with ointment on it to help heal the wound.

She gave the tea to calm down Lo'aks nerves, and put the ointment on his cut skin before wrapping the leaf around him, leaving it there as a bandage.

Esmyrie shakes at the memory, seeing that his scar is faded as the cut wasn't super deep. But it's skill there, and it holds a lot of memories and emotions for the boy.

They haven't talked about that night, not since it happened, as it was a sour subject for the boy. As he wasn't able to protect her, or himself and ended up needed saved by his father.

Lo'ak tries to relax under her touch, but with her hand touching his scar, memories come back of that fearful night, and his heartbeat begins to rise, anxiety prickling at his skin where his scar lays.

"Your heartbeat is fast." Tsireya says, causing Neteyam and Ao'nung to share a look, Neteyam never knowing that event every happened or that his brother had a scar there.

"Sorry." Lo'ak mumbles, trying his best to cover up his anxiety as teenage hormones, which seems to work as he hears snickers come from the group soon after.

They stayed there for quite some time, trying to learn the way of breathing, and soon it was time for dinner. The two families going in different directions.

They were all walking back towards their hut, Neteyam and Kiri in a heavy debate about whether Ilu should be colorful like Ikran or not, Tuk holding onto Neteyams hand as they walk.

Lo'ak was following behind them, but Esmyrie grabs his forearm, stopping his movements before he can get too close to their new home.

"Are you alright?" Esmyrie asks, seeing that ever since the breathing activity there has been a glaze in Lo'aks eyes, as if he is there, but not fully there.

"Huh... Yeah, yeah I'm fine." Lo'ak mumbles out, grabbing onto Esmyrie's arm that holds his.

"Lilac...." Esmyrie whispers, not believing the boy for a second.

"Really I'm ok-"

"-No you aren't. Something is haunting you. I can see it. I can feel it...." Esmyrie says, interrupting the boy before he says another lie. "Is it because of this" She then asks, pointing towards the scar.