2. ꜰᴀᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ (1)

Start from the beginning

they now have a better view of what will come next.

as the rangers reenter the lot, summer points out the attack bot. they stop in their tracks, still keeping their weapons at the ready.

summer points at a stumbling body of metal. "there he is!"

"i see him!"

"he doesn't look very chipper."

"quick! combine weapons!" scott commands. everyone nods, before they shuffle together, and combine their individual weapons to make one, complete blaster.

ziggy smiles, while dillon tries his hardest to remain firm.

"road blaster!"

scott inserts a red engine cell device. "engine cell activate!"

they position the giant blaster at the robot, who appears to be wired and disoriented.

"target locked!"

the weapon energizes from the energy buildup, as all four rangers shout, "fire!"

scott pulls the trigger, and a bright, powerful blast ejects from the weapon. it penetrates the bot in the chest, causing it to fly back from the impact.

"direct hit!"

"more like 'k.o.,' but whatever floats your boat," cameron mutters.

"whoa!" ziggy whispers. he and dillon follow the soaring bot with their eyes, as the bot collides with the asphalt one more time. in response, its eyelids close ominously, going offline.

the battle was only halfway over.

cameron exhales sharply. "let's hope that's over with."

suddenly, a giant wave of makeshift, mechanical airplanes rapidly approach the city - venjix drones.

cameron looks up at the sky, and sees an army of drones loom over the city. she freezes at the fearful sight.

"i'll just shut my mouth next time."

the rangers' earpieces activate, and they simultaneously clasp their helmets.

"rangers, this is doctor k," says the aforementioned voice, "do you have a visual on the incoming targets?"

"uhh, that's affirmative."

"they'd be a bit hard to miss."

the drones start attacking the city, firing at nearby buildings and such. the rangers stood by, watching the drones wreak havoc inside the dome.

as for cameron, she notices an incoming blast in her direction.

using her two seconds to spare, she scurries out of the way, unintentionally bumping into scott. the blast zooms past them, and into the parking lot, where dillon and ziggy were.

it explodes behind the black car, causing ziggy to take cover from the impact. whereas dillon stands unfazed, watching the scene in the sky.

"rangers," doctor k. says, "i'm down morphing the zord attack vehicles to you - stand by."

they remove their morphers, and press a button with the rpm symbol.

"hit us, doc!" seconds later, they summon their zords.

"activating eagle zord!"

"activating lion hauler!"

"activating bear crawler!"

"activating sky-flyer!"