HTTYD x male Nightwing reader

chapter starts at the red death fight, all the nightwings lived at the nest because hunters would mistake them for night furies, thus giving them the ''night'' in their name. They are not related to night furies and aren't as ''dangerous'' so they are often treated as normal dragons.

So like when the red death emerges all the nightwings escape because they'd rather not die, but a few eggs and hatchlings who were alone at the time were left behind by parents, which all the eggs died from falling off edges, crushed, ect. 

Also the nightwings don't have all their powers, just like gut feeling or being a really strong empath. But they still do feel connected to the stars. Also they are kinda dumbed down to match with httyd dragon intelligence. Elders gain more power as they grow, earning more respect along with stronger visions. Sometimes even showing glimpses of the future. 

Nightfuries are the unholy offspring of lighting and death, but, Nightwings are the holy offspring of the Vanir, meant to represent her wisdom, fertility and the ability to see the future. 

Of course, seeing the future is just an old tale among vikings, it first came from how well they planned when the vikings attacked, as if they already knew it was coming. 

The fertility part comes from how many there are, their population is HUGE. The only sighted ones are young ones adventuring the worlds for the first time. Vikings believe they are fully grown when spotted but in reality only a few years away from being absolute UNITS.

Each clan has over 1000 members with rankings. 

Adult Nightwing vs adult Nightfury (Credits to Peregrineclla on deviant art)

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Juvies would be the size of an Nightfury.

So muscular that ruffnut would make this her favourite dragon

They use roars to scare any victim in running away from their territory. Their weird vocal cords allow them to mimic their family no matter what species, they will ALWAYS sound a little bit like them. Parents will talk with the egg so when they hatch they can easily find each other by voice. Dragonets are taught to add echo with their roar to both scare humans away, and trick them into being far away, so it wouldn't be worth finding them. 

Adults are known to have the scariest roar, for example;

Alpha / adult Roar

Distress