PROLOGUE

MACY

The awful smell of the place welcomed me. Is this for real? Parang nagdududa na ako sa lokasyon na binigay ni Carlyle saakin. Jeez, this place sucks! It's totally messed up. A total disaster to be precise.

Parang nasa isang horror movie lang ako ngayon na dapat talagang pigilan yung paghinga. Why? The place smells really bad, to the point na parang gusto kong isuka ang kinain kong pasta kanina.

This just makes me question one thing...

How can he live here? I thought he's freaking rich? I really thought, that he's living in a extravaganza hotel with guards who's perfectly uniformed. But I think I just got my hopes too high.

Ibang-iba yung expectation ko vs. reality. Instead of the extravaganza hotel, the place is full of different kinds of trash and stinky sewers. Instead of the uniformed guards parang mga goons pa yata yung nandirito.  They're are scattered all around in the places. Creepy, you may ask? Indeed.

Well, it does make sense, since in what I saw in his documents? His personality is kinda... Ahh.. Umm, nevermind.

Kung hindi ko lang talaga siya kailangan, I would never even waste my time in this dirty place or even effort to meet with him. But unfortunately I need too.

"Who are you?" I was caught off guard the moment I heard that voice. I turned my gaze around and saw a guy on a hoodie.

I bet his he? Yeah maybe.

"Are you Clifford Madrigal right, the guy who lives- here?" I asked, having both of my arms in my waist.

I saw him tiptoed. He didn't even bothered to answer. Geez, this guy is really something.

I sarcastically smiled.

"I bet you will know me once I tell you about the guy you terribly bruised last week." Malumanay kong ani habang nakapaskil parin sa aking mga labi ang sarkastikong ngisi.

I saw him confusely looked at me.

"Huh? What did you say? Come on, woman, just tell me who the heck are you?"

Did he just call me woman? Funny. I'm not his woman and will never be.

But did he really forget about the thing he did last week? Napakasama nga niya kung tutuusin.

"Oh really, don't tell me you did really forgot about the guy you kicked ass, last week? Carlyle Cruz, my assistant? Hmm."

He raised his head, na parang nag-iisip.

I saw a wide smirk formed in his lips.

"Oh that, nerdy four eyes?"

I sarcastically laughed .

"Yes, so you did remember?"

He simply nodded.

"So you're Tuazon right? The girl who proposed an offer to me."

He took off his hoodie, revealing his face. For the record, he has the face that can be complimented. But it's not something to die for.

He's accessories just makes him looks unnactractive and dirty. It looks disgusting for me.

"Well, I may also explain everything now for you to understand. Don't worry i'm not here to sue you or something. I'm just here for my offer."

I heard him sarcastically laughed. Then looked at me intently.

Right now his smiling like nothing happened. It makes me hate him more.

Kung wala lang talaga akong kailangan sa kanya ay baka ipinakulong ko na siya. My assistant didn't bother to file a case even with the thing that happened, since he understood the situation. Alam niyang kailangan ko ang lalaking ito.

If I can, I would really like to smug off that smirk off on his face. Emotions doesn't even suit his disgusting face, even smiling is not for him.

Parang bigla-bigla ko gustong manuntok ngayon.

Did he really think that I would get brush off by his intent scary face? Oh he's totally wrong. Pumunta nga ako sa lugar niya na ako lang mag-isa, ang makaharap pa kaya siya?

"Oh that offer? Hmm, tell me what's it really for?" He said still smirking.

"Hmm, I thought my assistant already told you everything... If you're smart, which I didn't even doubt for a second before, you would understand everything clearly. But I think I was- mistaken?"

I gave her a sarcastic smile. He's not the only one in here who's good at messing.

"Oh sorry for my sudden rudeness Mr. Clifford. Not to be disrespectful, it just that I though my assistant has already explained everything to you? Or you're just somewhat an idiot to not get what my assistant means?"

I saw him being dumbfounded for a second. Then he blurted some unnecessary words.

"Feisty. I like it." He said amusingly. "You're really something."

"Oh really? Is that maybe a compliment, then? Cause if yes, then I might as well tell that to you too."

I saw him frowned.

"Becareful with your words woman. I think I should tell you to know your place and control your attitude. Don't forget, that you're here in my territory and I could crush you to pieces whenever I want too." Kunot noong ani niya.

Even with that, hindi ako nagpatinag. I looked him straight in the eyes. Nakipagsukatan ako ng tingin. Does he really think he could threaten me with that?

Well enough for that. Baka kong ipagpatuloy ko pa 'tong kamalditahan ko ay baka hindi ko pa siya mapa-oo.

As I swirled my eyes at his distance, I can clearly see his deep brownish eyes. It looks so empty. Yung parang wala ka talagang makikitang emosyon. His eyes is like a never-ending deep dark hole. Hindi ko mabasa kung ano ba iniisip niya.

"Nevermind, so what's with the offer? I mean, give me a valid reason to sign that crap.

I smirked, then slowly walked towards him. I slowly moved my way to his distance putting a very small space for us. I felt his warm breath in my neck as I positioned my head near his left ear. It sent shivers down to my spine.

Damn, I was just keeping my pace right now. I am completely aware that sometimes I can also be wild even being referred too as an perfectionist. Masasabi ko lang na iba talaga yung nagagawa ng problema sa tao. Problems can make someone do unthinkable things.

I silently mouthed the things I want him to hear from the very start. The things that surely would make him intrigued with my said proposal.

"First, I am sure that you will benefit greatly, from this. Next, it's an opportunity you wouldn't want to miss. Lastly, It would help you get that special woman of yours back- your ex."

A smirked formed in my lips. I'm sure he wouldn't want to miss this...

After telling him the benefits he would get. I then slowly moved back and placed some distance on us.

I widely smiled.

"So deal? You only need to act, nothing more, nothing less. Even with that simple thing, you will get and obtain all of it?"

He smirked.

"You better be sure of it."