"Let's impress her," Y/n suggests as Dawn and her continue to 'clean.'

"Does that banner look askew to you?" Anne questions Josie, completely ignoring the children.

"Yes," Josie answers with confidence.

"Wrong answer! It's totally straight!"

~~~

"So, Mom," Dawn addresses her mother as she cleans a stool. "Notice how clean the cafe is?"

"I have," Anne tells her daughter. "It's super clean. Honey, I am so sorry. You too, Y/n. I've been so busy organizing this race that I completely forgot to mention how helpful you guys have been lately."

"Oh, you know us, always finding ways to be helpful with no ulterior motive whatsoever," Dawn announces, grinning at her mom. "Right, Y/n?"

"Of course!" Y/n exclaims, looking flustered from being put on the spot. "We love helping you guys out."

"Well, it hasn't gone unnoticed," Anne mentions. "In fact, I have a little something for you guys."

"For us?" Dawn gasps, faking surprise. "That is so sweet. You know, we really weren't expecting these... Bracelets?" she trails off in surprise after opening her gift. "Seriously, we weren't expecting this at all. Thanks, Mom."

"Oh, no. That's your 'I don't like it' smile," Anne states, her smile fading into disappointment.

"Eh, uh, no," Dawn quickly objects. "It's my 'It's really pretty but we were kind of hoping you would give us tickets to the Clonely Hearts Club Fan Fest' smile."

"Uh, well, this is my 'I'm sorry but those tickets are a hundred dollars' smile," Anne says, over-exaggerating her smile.

"Who could put a price on my happiness?" Dawn asks, giving her mom a sad face.

"Okay, Dawn. I mean, if you don't want the bracelet..." Anne trails off.

"Uh, no, no! Mom, I do," Dawn quickly clarifies. "Thanks."

"Yeah, thank you so much, Mrs. Harper," Y/n voices her appreciation.

"You're very welcome," Anne murmurs before walking away.

"Dawn and Y/n could be everywhere they wanted to be," Dawn speaks up, "except at Fan Fest."

~~~

Footsteps echo throughout the hall as Mae races up to her two best friends. "Did you guys get your tickets?" she asks, waiting in anticipation for the answer.

"Nope," Dawn immediately shatters Mae's hope with her quick response. "We got these instead," she says as she and Y/n hold up their hands so that the bracelets are visible.

"Yeah, sorry, Mae," Y/n apologizes. "I guess we're not going to Fan Fest."

"Well, I'm not going if you're not going. I'm taking a stand," Mae declares.

"We can't let you do that!" Dawn announces.

"Dawn's right," Y/n agrees when Mae looks to her for confirmation. "You're our friend. We can't ask you not to go just because we can't. That wouldn't be fair."

"Oh, good! 'Cause I really wanted to go," Mae immediately exclaims in relief. When Y/n and Mae glare at her in disappointment, she adds, "At least you guys got fun, festive bracelets."

"What's festive about them?" Dawn wonders.

"Well, they've got knucklebone and niblet beads," Mae mentions.

"Those sound made up," Y/n points out.

"No," Mae defends herself. "I actually know a lot about making bracelets. I made one just like those. It's pretty easy."