"And I am not your enemy!" Jake yells pulling his knife out throwing it,

"The enemy is out there, and they are very powerful! I can talk to them." Jake reasons and Tsu'tey takes no mind to it as he rushes him again.

"No more talk!" He yells cutting him with the knife, when he tries again Jake socks him in the face, knees him and punches him again, disarming him.

I felt a rush of adrenaline hit me, my mind drawing a blank as I run towards Jake shoving him back like a spider monkey, he topples over onto the ground with a grunt as land on my feet crouching beside Tsu'tey's hunched body.

I let out an animalistic hiss as I pull my own knife out. Having zero clue what the fuck just happened, I don't back down from the standoff with my friend. Tsu'tey gets up glaring at Jake as he wipes blood from his mouth.

"I am Omatikaya. I am one of you. And I have the right to speak." Jake shouts,

I look back at Tsu'tey and raise a hand to his face, to which he shoves down ignoring me. It hurt, to say the least, I back down and put my knife away feeling defeated, a gut-wrenching feeling filling my stomach.

"Lu aylì'u ngaru, ayngaru nìwotx. The words are like stones in my heart." I look at Grace as she suddenly faints,

"Oh no." Jake whispers.

"Okay. Look."

I feel that same feeling as earlier, I stumble back into my estranged mate, my knees buckle and I go down. I gasp as I'm pulled out of the psionic link and shoved onto the floor of the shack, a knee pressing into my spine. Pure agony rushing through my veins like icy water as I let out a cry.

"Are you out of your goddamn mind!" Jake yells at Miles,

"You cross a line." He says, knocking Jake out and turning to his men.

"Wheel this meat out of here." I let out a wheeze as I'm stood up against my will, able to breathe properly again. I take a few gulps of air in through gasps, the oxygen masks strapped onto my face before we exit.

"Jake! What the hell's going on here." Grace fights as she's dragged out a mask shoved on her face.

#

I stand in front of a screen a video replay of Jake smashing the cameras on a bulldozer.

"You let me down son." Miles says pausing the video and turning to us,

"So what? You two found yourself some local tail, and you just completely forget what team you're playing for?'' The two men have a stare down as Grace turns to Selfridge.

"Parker there is time to salvage the situation." Grace explains and Miles cuts her off.

"Shut your pie hole."

"Or what Ranger Rick? You gonna shoot me?"

"I can do that."

Grace turns to Selfridge again, "You need to muzzle your dog."

He steps forward with crossed arms. "Yeah, can we just take this down a couple notches please."

Jake looks at Miles again and leans forward, "You say you want to keep your people alive? You start by listening to her."

Jake gestures to Grace with his head,

"Those trees were sacred to the Omaticaya in a way you can't imagine."

Selfridge scoffs and rolls his eyes,

"Oh, you know what, you throw a stick in the air around here and it's gonna land on some sacred fern for Christs sake!" He exclaims, walking to the other side of the platform.

"I'm not talking about some pagan voodoo here; I'm talking about something real. Something measurable in the biology of the forest."

"Which is what exactly?"

"What we think we know is there's some kind of electrochemical communication between the roots of the trees, like the synapses between neurons. And each tree has ten-to-the-fourth connections to the trees around it. And there are ten-to-the-twelfths trees on Pandora." Grace explains,

Selfridge stares at her blankly, "Which is a lot I'm assuming?"

Grace steps closer to him, "It's more connection's than the human brain. Get it? It's a network. It's a global network, and the Na'vi can access it. They can upload and download data. Memories. At sites just like the one you destroyed."

Selfridge nods,

"What the hell have you people been smoking out there." He laughs out just thinking we're insane.

"They're just goddamn trees," he says, continuing to laugh.

"You need to wake up Parker."

"No, you need to wake up."

"The wealth of this world isn't in the ground. It's all around us. The Na'vi know that, and they are fighting to defend it. If you wanna share this world with them, you need to understand them." I look at Miles as he scrolls through logs, 

"I'd say we understand them just fine, thanks to Jake here."

I watch as the video log loads, "Hey doc, come take a look at this."

The screen shows Jake, "They're not gonna give up their home. They're not gonna make a deal. For what? Lite beer? Blue jeans?" Video Jake chuckles dryly,

"There's nothing we have that they want. Everything they sent me out here to do is a waste of time. They're never gonna leave home tree."

The video stops and Miles starts running his mouth, "So, since a deal can't be made. I guess things get real simple. Jake, thanks. I'm getting all emotional. I might just give you a big wet kiss."