The one

Content warning: extremely shitty (cringe?) writing and typos.

Happy reading:)

Tejasswi's POV:

The holy cloth, chunri, was held gently yet firmly in my hand. This felt too special, like a blessing.

"Kya kar rhi hai, laddoo? Sona nahi hai? Leave it and just come here.", Sunny's voice startled me, as he called me to him.
Holding it in my hand, I walked towards the bed and slid inside the blanket, sitting beside him.

"I never want to let go of this." I spoke, more like whined. He smiled.
"Then, don't. Achhi lagti hai tu chunri mein.", He spoke. I frowned, for his choice of words reminded me of something.

[Flashback]

Walking upto me, his eyes trailed over me and something akin to wonder shone in them.
His lips parted for a slight moment before he regained his composure and strode towards me.

Wrapping his arms around my waist, he buried his head in the nook of my neck and sighed softly.

"Grey suit aur chunni. Haaye kithhe jawaan main, Tejasswi Prakash.", Sunny mumbled.

"Tu chunni mein bahut sohni lagti hai.", He continued, his breath hitting my skin with each word that left his mouth, sending a shiver down my spine, making my heart squeal in delight.

He didn't pull away, I didn't wish him to. Sunny tightened his hold on my waist and pulled me more into him.

Basking in his presence and the feeling of bliss that ran deep in my soul at this moment, I upped my toes and reached a bit upwards to kiss his 'fakira' tattoo.

He sighed in relief and pulled away from me. His eyes speaking promises of what he'd do, the moment we step outside of this bb house.

He left the living room, while I just stood there, our lips pulled in a silly smile, for we were just two silly individuals in love with each other.

I, his laddoo, and he, my Sunny.

[Flashback ends]

Coming out of my trance, I deepened my frown and smacked his arm.

"Ouch. Why are you hitting me?", The stupid man had the audacity to ask.
"Tune bola main achhi lagti hoon.", I howled, like a wounded animal.

"Haan toh? That was a compliment.", He started and noticing my glare, he continued, "It wasn't?"
"You don't call me achhi whenever I wear chunni.", I explained.
Realisation dawned upon him and his mouth formed an 'O' shape.

"Tu sohni lag rahi thi chunri mein.", He said.
"Ab aaya na banda line par.", My subconscious huffed.
"Now you're just lying for me..leave it.", I teased.

His face darkened a bit and he got down from the bed. Walking towards my side, he took the chunri from my hand, and picked me up in his arms, bridal style.

Making his way towards the mirror, he helped me stand up properly.
The-caveman-version-of-Karan turned me so that we both faced the mirror.

Draping the chunri over my head properly, he wounded his hands around my waist, and pulled me closer.

"Look at yourself in the mirror, and tell me I'm lying.", He said, gazing in my eyes through mirror.
I couldn't speak anything.
"Sohni lag rahi hai tu, laddoo..bahut jyada..pari ke jaisi.", He whispered in my ears, his eyes pinned at the mirror..at my reflection.

"Standing here in my arms, in our room, in our home, you look exactly like the one who I manifested for, 'the one who has swept me over my feet', laddoo." He spoke, slowly and softly as if confessing something which was only ours to know.

Turning around, I buried my face in his chest and placed a kiss there, the place where his heart rested, beating in sync with mine.

"Because I'm the one.", I exclaimed gleefully, making him smile.

"You love kissing my chest, at the place where my heart is. Why?", He asked, amused.

"I know me kissing your chest does things to your heart. As for your question, I love to place a kiss here, for this is my way of cherishing your heart which holds immense love for me, which holds gratitude towards God for simply having me, my presence.", I let out my secret, and his eyes welled up with joy and love.

Placing a kiss on my forehead, he spoke, "God should be thanked infinite times for creating you and sending you in my life."

His words warmed my heart.

•••••••••••

Alexa play, 'kesariya tera ishq hai piya'😭
Who the heck is cutting onions?

ALSO, HARSHI IF YOU'RE READING THIS (WHICH YOU BETTER BE), DO KNOW I SACRIFICED MY SLEEP FOR WRITING THIS FOR YOU. YES, THIS IS ME GUILT-TRIPPING YOU. JK (maybe), ily babe.

Rants apart, how was it?

Do vote, comments, and share<3