5.8} Confessions

Beginne am Anfang

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I huff. "I mean, you're the one with a handful of berries."

"And you treat every dinosaur as a child." Ben laughs as he wraps his arms around me pulling me closer to him in a hug. I join in on the laughter.

"Only the special ones get special treatment." I say, meaning Bumpy and Firecracker. I then wrap my arms around his neck loosely. "Including you, 'cause I love you, Ben." I say with a smile and a light blush.

Right after I told Ben, he kissed me. I saw the light blush on his cheeks before he did, causing me to smile in the kiss. When he pulls back he puts his hands on either side of my face and starts pecking kisses all over my face making me giggle.

"And I love you too, Y/N." He kisses me once more before resting his forehead against mine staring into my eyes. I rub our noses together as he chuckles. The cute little moment we share then gets interrupted by an adorable little Angel who lets out a little roar as she gets up facing us.

"Don't worry, she'll be back soon." Ben tells Angel as we pat her small snout. We then hear rustling leaves getting closer.

"Huh?" We look over seeing Yaz and Luca run towards us. Ben yelps covering my head as we duck down, Yaz and Luca jumping right over us. They both catch their breaths, standing between Rebel and Firecracker who continue drinking some water.

"You okay, Fadoula, L/N?" Ben asks as we get up. Yaz starts to laugh as Luca flops to the ground catching his breath as he had kept up with her.

"Seriously. You okay?" Ben asks Yaz again.

"I forgot how good it feels to run. I mean, really run. For fun, and not because something is chasing us." Yaz says as she walks past us stretching her arms. Luca gets up from the ground. Yaz then lays on the ground as Luca sits down beside her.

"Can't relate. But we're glad you guys had a good time." I say sitting down. Ben lays down in front of me putting his head in my lap. I run my fingers through his hair, careful not to loosen his bandanna too much while he closes his eyes, relaxing with a smile on his face.

"I kinda feel pumped. I finally get why you enjoy this, Yaz." Luca says as they both laugh.

"I feel better than good. Luca's help and being out there gave me the space to think." Yaz then sits up as she faces us all. "I'm gonna do it, guys. I'm gonna tell Sammy how I feel." We all cheer for Yaz.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Oh, we're so happy for you." Ben sits up cheering.

"Do you know how? Or when?" I ask a little enthusiastically.

"No idea. I'll just..." Yaz looks at Rebel as she pats his head earning a small roar. "I'll do it when the time is right, you know?" Yaz tells us looking pumped up. Luca looks behind Ben and I and nudges Yaz.

"How about now?" He asks as we all see Sammy dragging some meat. She gives us a questioning look before nodding. We all get up walking to where Sammy is behind some bushes watching the T. Rexes eating.

We stop a bit away as Yaz stops. "You got this." I say as we give her comforting smiles. Luca puts a comforting hand on her shoulder. She gives us an appreciative smile before sighing and heading over to Sammy.

While we stay nearby we soon see Brooklynn and Darius heading over to our area and heading to where Sammy and Yaz are.

"Oh, hey Brooklynn and Darius. Uh, fancy seeing you here." Ben exclaims walking backwards in front of them.

"At the meeting spot? Yeah, who saw that coming." Darius says.

"I forgot we were meeting here." Luca says.