Lack of Wisdom

"I totally understand everything..." Chapa said. "But what I don't understand is-"

Mika sighed.

"-why am I going alone?"

"Well, Miles is at a dumb protest right now and I need to get him away from the door of a pizza place that doesn't serve pepperoni pizza."

"Oh."

"But listen! Bose's parents are away‐"

"As usual."

"-and he needs someone to take him and Miles is not around and I won't be and–"

Chapa shrugged. "Okay."

"You really need to be fair to the kid. I mean– wait! Did you say 'okay'?"

Chapa noded. "Uh-huh."

"And I didn't even have to offer you anything?"

"Nop. I mean, it's Bose...I have time." Chapa abruptly lifted her shoulders.

"Great! I'll tell him–!"

Bose walked into SWAG and leaned infront of Chapa's desk where Chapa was sitted on top of it and Mika stood besides her. "Who are we talking about?" He asked. "Also, are you the one taking me to the dentist?" He shyly asked Mika.

"I am." Chapa waved at him.

"Yay!" He grinned from ear to ear. Straight away his smile dropped. "Remind me why I'm going again."

"You're getting your wisdom teeth removed." Chapa said calmly.

"Oh no!" Bose wrapped his arms around his head. "So I'll become dumb and stupid?!"

"Well," Chapa started. "You can't become dumb and stupid if you're already–" Mika nudged her and she had to change her sentence. "Gorgeous...if you're already gorgeous."

Bose's dimple was visible on his right cheek as he ran a hand through his hair, "aww." He licked his lips.

Chapa jumped off the table and dragged Bose. "Let's go."

"My appointment is in an hour."

"We're stopping to get food somewhere."

"I love it!" Then he hooked his arm around Chapa's and they walked out.

***

"Thanks, doc." Chapa noded as he left the room, smiling in response. She sat down by her friend who was apperently counting grass on the ceiling.

"0...4...5...10...21...uh..." he laughed at himself. He had forgotten completely how to do anything at this point. He laughed so hard, he wheezed. Then laughed at that too.

Chapa scoffed with a smile. He was acting dumb and stupid. She shook her head, her smile growing wider, and folded her arms. "You ready to go, bud?"

"...pretty." He cupped her cheeks with his palms and grinned.

Chapa's skin started to feel hot and she could tell she was flushing pink. She immediately removed Bose's hands and stepped back, even getting off of the chair and clearing her throat excessively. "Okay, let's go. Come on."